CORSU Jobs 2022 – Fresher Enrolled Nurses
Job Title: Enrolled Nurses – CORSU Jobs 2022
Organization: Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services (CORSU)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Job Ref No: CHJ/JUL/J104
Reports To: Head of Nursing through a unit In-charge
Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services (CORSU) Profile:
Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services for people with disability in Uganda (CORSU) was established in 2006 as a private non-profit, non-governmental organization and is supported by CBM (Christian Blind Mission). CORSU provides Orthopaedic Surgery, Plastic Surgery and Rehabilitation, mainly for children as well as adults with disability.
To provide individualized patient care to a diversity of patients and make significant difference in the lives of patients and their families.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Order and pick drugs from pharmacy and always keep proper accountability.
- Ensure enough supplies for the unit by requesting for the required items. e.g. drugs, consumables, stationary etc.
- Ensure there is enough clean linen on the unit with proper accountability.
- Administer drugs on time as prescribed by doctor.
- Insert intravenous cannula when prescribed.
- Carry out nursing procedures.
- Disinfect, wash and send the instruments to the sterilisation room.
- Monitor patients’ vitals regularly and as per doctors’ instructions; and keep proper records.
- Monitor, give appropriate nursing care to patients and document properly/ professionally to enable continuity of care.
- Identify patient care requirements by establishing rapport with the patient as well as his relatives
- Uphold patients’ dignity and confidentiality in all patient care operations.
- Maintain cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information, responding to requests and participating in problem-solving methods.
- Protect patients and employees from hospital acquired infections by adhering to infection control policies and protocols. (universal precautions)
- Maintain cleanliness of work station while keeping it tidy and free from infection by following infection control procedures and protocols (Carry out cleaning and disinfection of the unit daily).
- Account for all patients on the unit; report anything out of the ordinary.
- Account for all the hospital equipment in the department and report any defects.
- Comply with the procedures, regulations, and rules in maintaining medical records.
- Dress wounds under aseptic techniques and disinfect the room after the dressing procedure.
- Counselling and health educating patients and attendants.
- Disinfect and scrub instruments, fold gauze, cotton wool and take drums to the autoclave.
- Translating for patients where need arises.
- Respond to any other duties assigned by immediate supervisor.
- Certificate of Enrolment in Nursing and Registration with the Uganda Nurses and Midwives Council (UNMC) are essential.
- Good computer knowledge and skills and good customer care especially when dealing with children having a disability are desirable.
- At least two years’ work experience in a general Hospital is essential
- Experience working in an orthopaedic and plastic / reconstructive surgery hospital or working in an operating Theatre is of added advantage.
- Knowledge of local languages is desirable
How To Apply for CORSU Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified and interested applicants should apply online at the link below.
Closing Date: 8th July 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.