DFCU Bank Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Regional Collections Executive (Eastern region)
Job Title: Regional Collections Executive (Eastern region) – DFCU Bank Uganda Jobs 2022
Organisation: DFCU Bank
Duty Station: Jinja, Uganda
Reports to: Manager (Collections)
DFCU Bank Profile:
DFCU Bank is a fast growing commercial bank offering a variety of innovative products and services. DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Reporting to the Manager- Collections, the role holder will maintain, monitor, and collect the Personal Banking and Business Banking loan portfolio of accounts aged between 0 to 180 days past due. Maximising cash collections, regular follow up on all loan repayments, come up with different strategies of managing the customers in the assigned region and ensuring optimal performance of facilities and customer retention thereby minimising accounts flow to NPA – Doubful status and loss to the Bank.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Manage WATCH, NPA & PAR ratios per agreed parameters.
- Act as the Special Assets representative in the assigned region tasked with reducing/minimizing delinquent accounts per agreed performance standards.
- Follow up with customers to ensure that payments are made as and when they fall due and chase for payments that are overdue between 0 – 180 days.
- Conduct field visits and make collection calls.
- Analyze regional performance and provide feedback and guidance to impact results.
- Preparing and presenting monthly,quarterly and annual reports of portfolio performance.
- Being the primary source of contact for all scheme related issues in their respective regions.
- Develop repayment schedules and restructures with the help of the Manager Collections.
- Resolve and provide customer service regarding loan related matters specifically collection issues; communicate and follow up effectively with customer queries, disputes etc.
- Process customer instructions within set TAT guidelines.
- Issue repayment reminders and /or demand notices.
- Collaborate with the Manager Collections and recommend accounts that require tougher action.
- Enlist the support of the Manager Collections to resolve more complicated loan matters and identify root causes of non-payment.
- Propose, review restructures before submission to Manager Collections, for recommendation, to ensure that they make business sense and that the appropriate & adequate risk reward is achieved.
- Recommend accounts to be outsourced to our external debt collectors before they become Non Performing.
- Support Regional External Debt Collectors.
- Joint cordination with the Regional Debt Collectors to enforce collections.
- Support respective regional branches in managing
- Support collections for all PBB products, field visits, firmer action at regional level.
- Attend portfolio quality meetings of the respective regions, support and advise on collection action/direction.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Economics, Statistics, Commerce, Business Administration or equivalent.
- 2 years Basic credit understanding.
- High level of customer service.
- Very good telephone techniques.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. Good grammar is an added advantage.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to multi task and work efficiently under pressure.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Tactful and calm.
- Thorough understanding of the Bank’s Credit including SAM policies and procedures.
- Willingness to travel extensively and to work long hours where required to achieve the Bank’s objectives.
- General Understanding of bank products, policies, controls, and procedures among others.
- General understanding of business, financial and accounting fields.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in the use of Word and Excel. Power Point.
- Good Time management.
- High level of integrity.
- Clean CRB record.
How To Apply for DFCU Bank Uganda Jobs 2022
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including your present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level), to the email address indicated below;
dfcu Bank is committed to give equal opportunities in employment and aims to ensure that it does not discriminate against gender or race. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted through +256 312 300391.
Disclaimer: dfcu Bank does not solicit/accept payment in cash/kind from prospective candidates in exchange for shortlisting or job placement. Any candidate who engages in this kind of transaction is aiding and abetting fraud and will be automatically disqualified.
Closing Date: Tuesday 19th July 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.