Hima Cement Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Raw Materials & Process Engineer
Job Title: Raw Materials & Process Engineer – Hima Cement Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Hima Cement Ltd
Duty Station: Tororo, Uganda
Reports to: Operations Manager
Vacancy Code: RMPEX01
Hima Cement Ltd Profile
Hima Cement Ltd. is a subsidiary of Bamburi Cement Ltd. which is a member of the LafargeHolcim Group. LafargeHolcim is the leading producer of building materials in the world. At Hima Cement, our Vision is “To be the preferred provider of cement and concrete based building solutions in East Africa with a strong focus on customer experience.”
The purpose of the role is to lead the quarry, raw materials and plant optimization section to provide solutions in order to plan, manage, organize and control the processes and resources to certify that the defined quantity of raw materials is delivered on time, within the specified uniformity, quality and budgeted costs.
The incumbent will be required to undertake actions to improve and optimize production performance within the plant and contribute to plant’s cost performance through sustainable operations, continuous optimization of production processes.
Roles and responsibilities
Health, Safety and Environment
- Guarantee, that activities are only assigned to workers (contractors) with proven competency for the safe execution
- Certify adequate training, instruction and supervision of workers (contractors), appropriate intervention in case of unsafe behaviours/situations and the consequent follow up of defined corrective actions
- Certify compliance with local /Holcim H&S requirements within the area of responsibility
- Certify that no work is executed without proper assessment of risks and implementation of protection measures before the start.
- Guide Operators & attendants to ensure good housekeeping in the quarry and crusher
- Annual third-party contracts review and management
People & development
- Manage and improve the performance of the quarry team ensuring competencies and skills are in place, kept and developed for the contractor
- Plan and organize pozzolana supply to meet production needs, within the quality requirements and according to budget;
- Quarry deposit evaluation and development administration;
- Quarry Planning Administration (short- and long-term);
- Resources & Reserves reporting to regulatory authority and management
- Stockpiles management within the plant
- Monitor mill performance in order to reach, or exceed production targets, and to achieve efficiency and environmental standards.
- In collaboration with relevant functions, define and implement actions to improve process operations performance.
- Mine closure, reclamation and rehabilitation
- To identify process bottlenecks or unusual limitations in the production line and draw immediate action plans.
- To develop systematic trending of major process parameters in Mills systems with view to detect and correct promptly deviations in performance.
- To optimize the grinding systems by conducting regular inspections, measurement, process Calculations & cross check with Control room values to track both mechanical and process condition of the system and advice on corrective action.
- To regularly identify, quantifies all in leaks/false air areas in the kiln system and mill system and communicate with maintenance for sealing in order to promote energy saving.
- To regularly challenge the production department Vs achieved performance
- Regularly monitors and ensures accuracy of all critical process sensors
- Develops and manages calibration schedules for all process dosing equipment
- Support and develop energy reduction initiatives for the plant
- Quarry operational and capital expense planning and budgeting.
- Identify operational bottlenecks, provide technical requirements and follow up technical execution.
- Communicate and implement regulations, company goals, local permits, policies and procedures to quarry contractor.
- Compiles monthly production, quality, fuel consumption and explosives used, and subsequently give feedback to Operations manager, legal representative and regulatory authority.
- Supervises drilling, blasting exercises, transportation and crushing of raw materials with the aim of optimizing explosives utilization
- Team involvement in peering with other plants for cross-audits, projects, shutdown, expert network meetings
- Technical information and archives (drawings, certificates, reports, automation settings and update log) updates and administration
- Stakeholders relationship and positive public image with community
Minimum Qualifications for Hima Cement Uganda Jobs 2022
- Must have a Bachelor’s of Science Degree in Geology, Mining, Industrial Chemistry or Chemical Engineering or a related field.
- Certification in Process Engineering is an added advantage.
- At least 3 year’s work experience preferably in a similar industrial environment
Characteristics for success:
- Excels in a fast-paced environment, owns the outcomes.
- Imagines new ways of doing things, makes them happen.
- Deep commitment to personal growth (and role modelling as such).
- Ability to work in a VUCA environment
Profile & Personal Qualities
- Self-driven, results oriented.
- Able to plan and prioritise
- Comfortable dealing with people and a good listener
- Reliable, tolerant & determined
- Able to work extended hours when required
- Able to manage conflict and build effective teams.
- Detailed oriented and able to solve problems and drive for results
How To Apply for Hima Cement Uganda Jobs 2022
All candidates that know that they meet the above criteria and have what it takes to excel in the above position, should send their CVs, which should include details of email address (if any), present position, current remuneration, Certificate/testimonials and address of three (3) Referees plus telephone contact to the stipulated email address. (Email your application and CV to email@example.com and let’s save the environment).
- Hima Cement Limited is an equal opportunity employer, it does not discriminate nor charge a recruitment fee or any other fees at any stage of the recruitment process;
- Make sure that your application letter, CV and certificates are attached as one document;
- Indicate the Vacancy Code as the subject for your email;
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted;
- Any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
Deadline: 16th July, 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.