JCRC Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Data Officer
Job Title: Data Officer – JCRC Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC)
Duty Station: Apac, Uganda
Joint Clinical Research Centre Profile:
Joint Clinical Research Centre (JCRC) is a Centre of Excellence that was started in 1990 to address the very serious problem of HIV/AIDS, which was at its peak by that time. The institution is a limited liability, not for profit, Non-Governmental Organisation (NGO), which was initiated by a collaborative effort of: Ministry of Health, Ministry of Defence and Makerere University Medical School (currently College of Health Sciences).
The Data Officer is responsible for ensuring that timely and quality data (including HMIS, weekly surge and finer age PIRS/HIBRID data) for Hospital is collected and reported as well as ensuring the Uganda EMR and other system functionality and data use at the facility.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support the facility improve data use through routine facility performance reviews and data visualization
- Support the summary Audit tool performance to improve client service layering
- Coordinate data clerks to Liaise with the different units in–charges of several service delivery points to ensure completeness of data on the patient files, the registers (ANC, Maternity, Post-natal, Exposed Infant Register, HCT register, Laboratory registers, SMC registers, Nutrition, TB registers, Pre-ART and ART registers, Family Planning Register, Child Register, KP/PP register) are complete.
- Support data clerks to work with different health unit’s departments to ensure that timely, accurate, complete and valid data is generated from the respective registers and is submitted to MoH and PEPFAR systems by verifying all data before submission.
- Ensures that patient level data is securely and regularly backed up, both at the site and off site.
- Maintains hardcopy and electronic data files and reports in compliance with the program regulations.
- Maintains the highest standards of data quality by comparing the data entered with source documents, or re-enter verified data.
- Undertake to enter and clean all the program data entered into the database in line with the guidelines/principles as detailed in data entry protocols
- Routine update of facility QI Journals and work with the facility clinical teams to update the Audit tools (HEI, CALHIV, Adult, KP and NS)
- Assist health care workers at the designated facilities in data quality assurance as stipulated in the standard operating procedures and job aides
- Monitor and Ensure that all electronic data systems which include and not limited to EMR, DHIS2, KP/PP tracker, HIBRID are adequately managed and maintained by ensuring real-time update with the most current data
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor
- The applicant must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Social Sciences and any Computer related field.
- Specialized training in data management, analysis and interpretation is an added advantage
- At least two years of working experience in data management.
- Good interpersonal skills, communication skills and organizational skills.
- Good computer skills and knowledge of common Statistical analysis and database management packages Ms Access, Ms Excel, STATA, SPSS, EPiDATA
- Comprehensive knowledge of computer data input equipment and error resolution in data entry
- High level of confidentiality, accuracy and team work
- Excellent technical writing, data collection, analysis and reporting skills required;
- Excellent facilitation, oral and written communications skills.
How To Apply for JCRC Uganda Jobs 2022
All applications must be addressed to;
The Manager Human Resource & Development at Joint Clinical Research Centre,
Plot 101 Lubowa Campus off Entebbe Road,
P.O Box 10005,
Email: email@example.com :
Strictly two documents combined in one PDF are required (Application letter and CV not exceeding 6 pages) Please include the Position Title in the Email Subject line.
Note: JCRC is an equal opportunity employer. Any attempts of influencing the recruitment process will lead to automatic disqualification
Closing Date: Friday, 15th July 2022 at 05:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.