Marie Stopes Uganda Jobs 2022 – Diploma Clinical Supervisor
Job Title: Clinical Supervisor – Marie Stopes Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Marie Stopes Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Marie Stopes Uganda Profile
Marie Stopes Uganda (MSU) is a marketing-focused, results-oriented social business that uses modern management and marketing techniques to provide family planning and reproductive healthcare across every district of Uganda. For over 20 years, Marie Stopes Uganda (MSU) has been working to provide voluntary family planning (FP) services to thousands of men and women across the country. MSU is the largest, most specialized private FP and reproductive health (RH) organization working in every district of Uganda with approximately 30% of modern contraceptive market share.
Reporting to the Clinical Services Lead, the purpose of this role is to support the management of clinical services for the effective provision of quality nursing and midwifery services. To operate and perform in line with the Vision and Mission of the hospital. To implement standards for provision of quality nursing/midwifery services to all clients. To monitor, coordinate, and evaluate nursing/midwifery, medical and theatre activities, and performance.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- A clinical supervisor oversees nurse midwives and makes sure clients receives their treatment
- Having regular meetings with the clinical staff in all departments
- Overseeing and reviewing client’s treatment to ensure satisfaction and safety
- Conducting performance management for the clinical staff.
- Ensuring midwives comply to code of conduct and hospital protocols and guidelines
- Ensuring compliance, accuracy, and quality of clinical records
- Supports in stock management and oversee the flow of stock to other departments
- Reports incidences in timely manner
- Organizes work schedules and makes sure all shifts are perfectly covered
- Conduct / organizes trainings and refresher courses for the staff
Knowledge and Experience
- Ability to discuss issues of sexuality and reproductive health with male and female clients of all ages.
- Experience and knowledge of FP service delivery at community level (previous outreach experience preferred)
- Experience working as part of a highly functioning team.
- Excellent record keeping and time management.
- Excellent inventory management
- Attention for detail.
- Proven skills in effective problem solving and conflict resolution
- Computer literate (ability to effectively enter and maintain client records through an electronic database)
- Adherence to Nurses’ ethical code of conduct and integrity
- Ability to plan, organize and coordinate ward/unit and theatre activities
- Demonstrable experience in managing health care data and report writing in a busy environment.
- Good data analytical skills including database administration, web-based and mobile-based application programming.
- Ability to work in deadline driven/results orientated atmospheres.
- Excellent oral and writing abilities.
- Ability to ensure patient safety, privacy and confidentiality
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with people from different background
- Demonstrable experience in emergency preparedness and care
- Good team player.
- Good planner
- Leadership and management abilities
- Good public relations and customer care
Qualifications and Training (essential/ desirable)
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Midwifery from a recognized University /institution
- Diploma in Registration in Nursing and midwifery
- Registered with the Uganda Nurses and Midwifery Council and holds a valid practicing license.
- Certificate in leadership and management is an added advantage
- Hard working and energetic with a working Nursing/midwifery experience of 3 years and above
- Able to work on full time basis
Successful performance at MSI is not simply defined in terms of ‘what’ people achieve, but equally is about ‘how’ people go about their jobs and the impact that they have on others. We encourage and expect all team members will demonstrate the following behaviours:
- Initiative: Thinking ahead and taking action to make the most of opportunities by finding the optimum solution
- Innovative: Thinking creatively and outside of the box so that ideas generated create a positive outcome
- Effective Communication: Communicating through active listening and good questioning techniques, using appropriate body language, ensuring information is clear and concise.
- Responsive: Being responsive to changing priorities and demands
- Working Efficiently: Planning, prioritising and organising work to ensure work is accurate and deadlines are met
- Sharing Information: Sharing information and knowledge whilst maintaining confidentiality
- Focus on Learning: Taking responsibility for keeping knowledge and skills updated and for seeking opportunities to develop further
- Commitment: Awareness and understanding of goals, vision and values and how your role impacts on this and going the extra mile to meet role requirements
- Driven: Drive and determination to deliver results
- Accountable: Taking responsibility for appropriate decisions that you make, and the actions and behaviour you demonstrate
- Embracing Change: Openness to embracing change within the organisation and being able to adjust plans/activities accordingly
- Motivated: Motivation towards achieving quality results to maximise potential
- Team Player: Working as part of a team by being supportive, flexible and showing respect for each other
How To Apply for Marie Stopes Uganda Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below
Deadline: 22nd July 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.