Total Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Junior Petrophysicist
Job Title: Junior Petrophysicist – Total Uganda Jobs 2022
Duty Station: Uganda
TotalEnergies is a broad energy company that produces and markets energies on a global scale: oil and biofuels, natural gas and green gases, renewables and electricity. Our 105,000 employees are committed to energy that is ever more affordable, cleaner, more reliable and accessible to as many people as possible. Active in more than 130 countries, TotalEnergies puts sustainable development in all its dimensions at the heart of its projects and operations to contribute to the well-being of people.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Respect and promote good HSE behaviors in the area of activity and responsibility.
- Enforce and promote guidelines & rules from Group referential.
- Contribute to continuously improve, according to lessons learnt, the operating procedures (SOP).
- Contribute to the preparation, optimization and validation of the data acquisition programs.
- Ensure and perform Real Time and Rush Well log evaluations to help conducting the well operations with the support of petrophysicist.
- Ensure and perform the appropriate well log data quality control (QC) including the tools environmental corrections as well as data depth control, depth match and sonic data validation and generation of the LCD (composite well log).
- Ensure and perform the formation petrophysical properties (NTG, mineralogy, PHI, Sw, Kperm), fluid content (Oil, Gas, Water…) facies interpretation (Electro-Facies) & formation petrophysical synthesis (Sw laws from Pc, Petrophysical groups & logs, permeability modelling…) with the support of petrophysicist.
- Give support to GSR assets in terms of reservoir evaluations and model updates.
- Participate in the validation of the downhole pressure measurements and ensure incorporation into the Pressure DB.
- Perform Gas While Drilling analysis (GWD). Integrate into the fluid synthesis together with fluid samples characterization and pressure data.
- Produce quick-look and advanced log-analysis and provide petrophysical support for non-operated wells with the support of petrophysicst.
- Contribute to the service generated documents (Reports, Memos, Presentation) to communicate & potentially present studies result for internal or external (out of specialty) purposes; QR GIS, revue TE, affiliate, meeting with partners.
- Maintain and update the log and petrophysical database within the affiliate.
- Represent the specialty in internal or external events if needed.
- Actively contribute to the supervision of the activities linked to downhole fluid sampling, PVT analysis and thermodynamics within the subsidiary (QUAD laboratory management and QUAD missions from EIS in particular). Participate in the evaluation of the thermodynamic characteristics of the fluids including reconciliation with other well data.
- Participate in the supervision of all material rentals (PVT bottles from EIS and/or other service provider) and stock management.
- Research and recommend new technology and innovative methods where appropriate.
- Ensure the pertinence, reliability and quality of the acquired data. Ensure the validation and consistency of the petrophysical and PVT studies
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Geology or other geosciences disciplines.
- At least 2-3 years of experience in the oil & gas industry including a minimum of 2 years as petrophysicist
- A comprehensive knowledge of log acquisitions, quantitative log interpretations, fluid interpretation and well operations in onshore domain, petrophysical software (Geology)
- A basic knowledge in reserves estimation, reservoir geology, structural and sedimentary geology.
- A strong ability to work in a cross functional environment, excellent communication skills, an all-time availability depending on operational needs
How To Apply for Total Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates can submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.