UNOIOS Uganda Jobs 2022 – No Experience Intern (Programme Management)
Job Title: Intern (Programme Management) – UNOIOS Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: United Nations Office of Internal Oversight Services (OIOS)
Duty Station: Entebbe, Uganda
Job Opening Number: 22-Programme Management-OIOS-186264-J-Entebbe (A)
United Nations Office of Internal Oversight Services (OIOS) Profile
The United Nations Office of Internal Oversight Services (OIOS) is an independent office in the United Nations Secretariat whose mandate is to “assist the Secretary-General in fulfilling his internal oversight responsibilities in respect of the resources and staff of the Organization. “Specifically, activities include internal audit, investigation, monitoring, evaluation, inspection, reporting and support services to the United Nations Secretariat. Its intended and mandated function is similar to many national government audit organisations, like the Government
Accountability Office in the United States. It reports not only to the General Assembly, but also to the Secretary-General.
Under the overall supervision and guidance of the Chief of the Peacekeeping Evaluation Section, the intern provides support to the team leaders of the Evaluation of Women, Peace and Security in Field-Based Entities: Political Transitions and Elections, in data collection, analysis, and other assigned tasks. The intern will have the opportunity to gain exposure to the areas of peacekeeping, peacebuilding and women’s political participation in conflict or post-conflict countries.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Depending on the competencies and interests of the intern, the assignments will include:
- Reviewing and summarizing research papers, articles, blogs, and other publications on the topic of climate change and associated security risks and implications, with a focus on regions and countries covered by the evaluation and the key evaluation questions as described in the Inception Paper. This would include compiling a complete list of references.
- Assist in collecting, organizing, and analyzing qualitative and quantitative data obtained from the evaluation case studies, namely UNOWAS, UNSOM and UNMISS, as well as the second group of missions UNISFA, MONUSCO, UNFICYP, UNAMA and MINUSMA. This includes:
- Obtaining and electronically filing documents and internal data from the peace operations in different formats (i.e., Excel, PowerBI, Management Information Systems, Microsoft Word, PDF)
- Visualizing data using MS Excel and Power BI
- Assist in other ad-hoc activities including reviews and edits of various evaluation products and tasks in the support of the Learning Forum, as instructed
To qualify for an internship through the United Nations New York Headquarters Internship Programme, applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); (b) Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or (c) Have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within a one-year period of graduation.
- Be computer literate in standard software applications, preferably including Microsoft Excel;
- Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of its Charter; and
- Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- Successful candidates should be registered for or have completed studies in political science, economics, international affairs, public administration, gender studies, data science or related fields. Skills in quantitative and qualitative analysis using large unstructured volumes of data are desired.
- No working experience is required to apply for the United Nations Internship Programme. Your training, education, advance course work or skills should benefit the United Nations during your internship.
- Languages: For this internship, fluency in written and spoken English is required. Fluency in French and/or Arabic is desired.
If accepted, interns will be expected to embody the following competencies:
- Professionalism: Shows pride in work and in achievements; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations; takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring the equal participation of women and men in all areas of work.
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; Listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; Asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; Tailors language, tone, style and format to match the audience; Demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve Organizational goals. Solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Technological awareness: Keeps abreast of available technology; understands applicability and limitations of technology to the work of the office; shows willingness to learn new technology.
How To Apply for UNOIOS Uganda Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join the United Nations Office of Internal Oversight Services in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to apply online at the link below.
Deadline: 28th July 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.