Baylor College Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Pharmacy Technician
Job Title: Pharmacy Technician – Baylor College Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Uganda (Baylor-Uganda)
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation Profile:
Baylor College of Medicine Children’s Foundation -Uganda (Baylor-Uganda) is an indigenous not-for-profit child health and development organisation affiliated to the Baylor College of Medicine International Paediatric AIDS Initiative (BIPAI), a Network of paediatric HIV/AIDS care and treatment Children’s Clinical Centres of Excellence and international program offices in 11 countries across Africa and Eastern Europe.
Provide dispensary, drug storage & management services and medication adherence education & counselling to patients & their care takers at COE in line with pharmacy mission and Baylor-Uganda medical & psychosocial Guidelines.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Read, verify prescriptions according to weight, height and body surface in line with MOH and Baylor-Uganda medical treatment guidelines.
- Educate and counsel patients or their care takers on medication adherence, proper drug use, accurate measuring of syrups, drug adverse effects and drug-drug or drug-dietary interactions while dispensing drugs in line with the Pharmacy mission
- Plan for drugs at the pharmacy store and monitor storage conditions on daily basis to prevent loss in quality and efficacy (FEFO- First Expiry First Out) in line with the pharmaceutical unit guidelines
- Maintain accurate records for the drugs ordered and dispensed on a daily basis and accounts for all drugs handled in the Pharmacy in line with the Pharmacy mission
- Study the doctor’s verification forms of patients, more especially those admitted on HAART and ANT.TB Therapy and establish adherence challenges they encounter on both ARVs and ANT.TB drugs then submit the findings to the pharmacist in line with the Pharmacy mission.
- Remove expired medicines from the shelves and collect patient returned Drugs; count, document and report to the Pharmacist about such medicines and then take them for disposal.
- Provide and record the audit findings during the process of carrying out both quarterly and monthly audits in line with the Pharmacy mission and audit guidelines
- Monitor the cleanness and organization of the Pharmacy and manage the pharmaceutical waste in line with the Good Pharmacy Practice
- Diploma in Pharmacy with Clinical experience in HIV/AIDS
- A diploma in Pharmacy.
- Have Key personal competences in team and communication skills, Must be dynamic, Persuasive &convincing, self- motivated and able to demonstrate high initiative.
- At least two years of working experience in pharmacy in a hospital setting or a recognized pharmacy.
- Knowledge of key elements of the National paediatric ART guidelines
- 2 Years Relevant Experience
How To Apply for Baylor College Uganda Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below
- Applications should include a cover letter, CV, daytime telephone contact, three traceable professional references and certified UNEB certificates as well as certified University Transcripts
- You must have at least a credit 6 in MATHEMATICS and ENGLISH at Ordinary Level (UCE).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interview. Please note only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: 29th July 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.