TASO Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher DREAMS Ambassador
Job Title: DREAMS Ambassador – TASO Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: The AIDS Support Organisation (TASO)
Duty Station: LPHS Ankole-Mbarara Cluster, Uganda
Reports to: DREAMS District Technical Officer
Job Title REF: TS/HR/ PMGT/22
The Aids Support Organisation (TASO) Profile:
The AIDS Support Organization (TASO Uganda), is an Organisation contributing to a process of preventing HIV infection, restoring hope and improving the quality of life of persons, families and communities affected by HIV infection and disease. TASO is implementing various projects funded by the Global Fund, President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) through the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to support the Government of Uganda accelerate epidemic control and the attainment of the UNAIDS 95 95 95 goals.
The district DREAMS champion’s main responsibility will be to engage Adolescent Girls and Young Women (AGYWs) in her district in order to identify HIV predisposing factors unique to them and bring these to the attention of the implementing partners DREAMS technical team. They will also provide guidance on implementation modalities that are proposed by the AGYWs in a bid to reduce the incidence of HIV/AIDS among them. The DREAMS champion will further participate in advocacy engagements by working with communities to protect AGYWs and promote DREAMS programming to other district AGYW stakeholder including Local government authorities for possible adoption.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Work closely with CDOs, sub county ambassadors and group peer leaders to identify and build a pool of DREAMS ambassadors up to the parish level and subsequently oversee their work.
- Plan and facilitate workshops with PEPFAR DREAMS Ambassadors and provide mentorship supporting identification, reporting and follow-up of VAC and SGBV cases in assigned District.
- Champion the roll out PrEP services to AGYW with very high risk of HIV infection.
- Foster community involvement in the DREAMS program for increased community buy in and community commitment to protect and link vulnerable AGYW at risk to DREAMS services.
- Participate in advocacy and coordination platforms at district level technical meetings with the IPs to ensure voices of AGYW are heard during decision making on priorities that affect AGYW.
- Work with Sub County and Parish Coordinators to ensure community safe spaces for
- Support quality improvement activities and promote DREAMS Programming as a motofy-pe. for positive youth development program at the district and any other forum as deemed necessary.
- Generate public attention about the DREAMS program and factors that affect adolescent girls and young women in the community predisposing them to risk of acquiring HIV.
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- The DREAMS Ambassador should have completed at least a Uganda Advanced Certificate Education (“A” Level) or possess. A Diploma or relevant equivalent qualification in the field of Humanities will be an added advantage.
- Experience of working with TASO will be very vital
- Should be available to work full time
- Must be able to read and write in both English and the local language of the DREAMS District
- Should be a beneficiary and or engaged in the DREAMS program for at least one year and, a resident in that DREAMS district
- Experience in activism, community mobilization and youth empowerment and engagement
- Experience in conducting community mapping and report writing
- Experience in working with or counselling adolescents is an added advantage
- Experience of capacity strengthening through formal and informal training
- Knowledge of Quality DREAMS-AGYW standards, methodology and tools
- Knowledge of community mobilization and facilitation techniques
- National gender and HIV/AIDS frame work including policies and procedures
- Report writing
- Experience in working and counselling AGYWs
- Exhibit natural leadership skills
- Good training, facilitation, and coordination skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively in a team
- Basics in Counseling skills
- Computer skills in MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Ability to plan strategically, and communicate with key actors in a dynamic and unpredictable operating environment
- Problem solving and decision making
- Understanding of gender, age and other socio-cultural factors
- Ability and willingness to work in a participatory manner with a diverse range of AGYW and communities
- Age: Between 18-24 years old
How To Apply for TASO Uganda Jobs 2022
Only qualified candidates who meet all the above requirements are invited to submit their resume, copies of certified academic certificates, testimonials and three referees, two of who should be the present employer / immediate supervisor or last employer if unemployed, or any other if it is the first employment being applied for. None of the referees should be a relative, friend or business associate. All referees’ designations should be stated and contact details included i.e. physical address, telephone/ mobile numbers and email contacts.
All interested Candidates MUST fully fill the TASO Online Job Application Form, scan and save all the relevant documents as one document (labeled with candidate’s full names) and forward only online applications with the relevant credentials to:
Also note that only applications received online shall be considered.
While TASO appreciates all the interested applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews. In case you do not hear from TASO Uganda One (01) month after the closing date, please consider yourself unsuccessful.
Please note that any form of canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
Closing Date: 21st July 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.