DLH Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Data Collection Associate
Job Title: Data Collection Associate (Consultant) – DLH Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: DLH Uganda
Job Location: Kampala, Uganda
DLH Uganda Profile:
Social and Scientific Systems (SSS), a wholly owned subsidiary of the DLH Corporation, serves federal, state, and other government clients, as well as academic centers and private industry throughout the United States and abroad. DLH delivers technology-enabled solutions in key health and human services programs. Core competencies include secure data analytics and statistics, clinical trials and laboratory services, a full suite of public health research offerings, performance evaluation, system modernization, operational logistics and readiness, and strategic digital communications. DLH has over 2,000 employees serving numerous government agencies. DLH’s portfolio consists of Defense & Veteran Health Solutions, Human Services Solutions and Public Health & Life Sciences.
USAID/SITES oversees the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) aspects of the HIV and Family Health for the USAID supported implementing partners. This includes the DREAMS (Determined, Resilient, Empowered, AIDS-free, Mentored, and Safe) and Key and priority Populations. DREAMS and KP/PP programs aim at reducing HIV vulnerability in these special groups.
The Strategic Information Technical Support (SITES) Project is a seven-year project that was awarded by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) to Social & Scientific Systems Inc. (SSS), a DLH company. The purpose of the SITES Project is to facilitate, promote and enhance evidence-based programming and reporting in Uganda’s health system, particularly in areas of Family Health (MCH, FP, Nutrition, malaria, WASH, TB), HIV/AIDS as well as orphans and vulnerable children (OVC).
In order to achieve the project objectives SITES has identified the need for Data Collection Associates to work under supervision of technical officers at SITES to conduct various activities. The various activities that support is sought will include:
- Field assessment / studies involving field data collection of primary qualitative and quantitative data, abstraction of data from facility held paper and electronic information systems, manual recounts of reported data from primary data collection tools in facilities to verify periodic reports etc.
- Regional and national data review, cleaning and mining data collected in the National and PEPFAR specific M&E Systems including OVC MIS and DHIS 2 systems.
- Routine data management support to relevant stakeholders including USG Implementing partners.
- Support field Data Quality Assessments for USG implementing partners.
Roles and Responsibilities:
The specific tasks will comprise of:
- Participate in relevant training activities involving field methods and tools to be used for the various studies / assessments
- Participate in pilot testing of draft data collection teams prior to deployment for the main data collection
- Collect all materials needed for fieldwork including questionnaires or data collection forms, SOPs, electronic devices such as tablet computers, etc.
- Must be able to complete quality interviews / data abstraction or manual recounts with accuracy and reasonable speed.
- Conduct quick summaries of field findings using relevant formats and provide relevant feedback to facilities or individuals at the conclusion of the field data collection.
- Store and transmit the collected data electronically as indicated by survey procedures
- Work under SITES guidance to support SITES data cleaning and management processes
- Produce activity reports timely upon completion of an activity
A minimum of a relevant university degree or diploma and experience with health information systems especially HIV/AIDS information systems, Family Health, OVCMIS and DHIS2
- Must be able to read and speak fluently in English and at least one main local language.
- Able to work with computers and tablets.
- Past experience working in HIV/AIDS information systems at national, district, regional or facility level
- Experience working on Family Health information systems including; Maternal, Newborn, Child Health & Family Planning
- Experience working on OVC management information systems
- Must have good interpersonal skills.
- Should be available for training and deployment at short notice.
Other Attributes and Competencies
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to work collaboratively as part of a team,
- Ability to work under tight deadlines, self-driven with minimum supervision to meet defined objectives
- Able to work on the program continuously for at least two years.
- Attend all technical trainings as outlined in the concept notes / proposals.
- Willing and commitment to work away from home and travel continuously.
- Must be able to organize oneself and work independent of close supervision.
- Ability to adapt to local field conditions.
How To Apply for DLH Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.