CRS Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Finance Officer
Job Title: Finance Officer – CRS Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) Profile
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-profit organization whose commitment is to assist the poor and vulnerable overseas set out by the Bishops of the United States. Our Catholic identity is at the heart of our mission and operations. We welcome as a part of our staff and as partners people of all faiths and secular traditions who share our values and our commitment to serving those in need.
You will support the Finance department’s management of accounting systems, policies and procedures in compliance with CRS’ established accounting standards, Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), donors’ rules and regulations, and legal requirements to support high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable. As part of an experienced finance team, you will help coordinate daily financial activities through preparation and delivery of financial services.
The primary responsibility is to ensure invoices for payment requests (Supplier/ Consultant/Staff Advances, Sub Recipient Advances and Liquidations) are created accurately in Insight, e- banking payment data for the Country Program is prepared and coded accurately, payments are processed timely and that vouchers are adequately supported as per the documentation checklist. Other responsibilities include supervision of the filing function in the department, supporting the cost accountant, Fixed Analyst responsibilities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Review supporting documentation of financial transactions to ensure all required documents are accurate and complete.
- Help ensure maintenance of all data required for processing financial transactions for assigned accounts in Oracle Application financial accounting package.
- Record delegated financial transactions following appropriate authorizations. Review various accounts to detect irregularities.
- Prepare delegated financial reports, as needed.
- B.A. degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Business Administration strongly preferred. Courses in accounting, or a qualification in accounting (CPA/ACCA or equivalent).
- Minimum of two years accounting experience, preferably with an international or local NGO, or a financial/banking institution.
- Familiarity the relevant public donors’ regulations a plus.
- Proficient in Excel and experience with Word and PowerPoint. Knowledge of Oracle Application financial accounting package or similar financial reporting software a plus.
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to detect and report inconsistencies
- Excellent organizational skills with great attention to detail
- Ethical conduct in accordance with recognized professional and organizational codes of ethics
- Proactive, resourceful, solutions oriented and results-oriented
- Ability to work collaboratively
Travel Required: As may be required
Key Working Relationships:
- Supervisory: None
- Internal: Country Representative, Head of Operations, Finance, Program & Admin Staff
- External: Vendors, Partners, Bankers, Statutory Bodies and Auditors
Agency-Wide Competencies (for all CRS staff)
These are rooted in the mission, values, and principles of CRS and used by each staff member to fulfill his or her responsibilities and to achieve the desired results.
- Serves with Integrity
- Models Stewardship
- Cultivates Constructive Relationships
- Promotes Learning
How To Apply for CRS Uganda Jobs 2022
To apply, please follow these instructions exactly otherwise your application will NOT be considered:
- Email a cover letter and CV only to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Large files and/or scans of documents will lead to rejection of your application, in the subject line of the email, copy, paste – FINANCEOFFICERKAMPALA only
- All applications that do not contain this exact subject line will be rejected and not read
ONLY SELECTED CANDIDATES THAT MEET THE REQUIREMENTS WILL BE NOTIFIED. EOE/M/F/D/V
Deadline: 27th July 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.