DFCU Bank Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher IT Support Officer
Job Title: IT Support Officer – DFCU Bank Uganda Jobs 2022
Organisation: DFCU Bank
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: IT Service Support Specialist
DFCU Bank Profile:
DFCU Bank is a fast growing commercial bank offering a variety of innovative products and services. DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Reporting to the IT Service Support Specialist, the role holder who is a second-line support staff will be responsible for handling specialized queries that the first-line support (IT Service Desk Analysts) cannot timely attend to, including installation and configuration of computer systems, diagnosis of hardware and software faults, solving technical problems either over the phone or in person.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Set up new users’ accounts and profiles.
- Install operating systems on user computers and setup applications.
- Troubleshoot and replace parts for IT equipment including PCs, Printers, Scanners and Laptops.
- Talk end users through a series of actions, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help setup computer systems and resolve issues within agreed SLA time limits.
- Keep user computer systems running smoothly and in highest standard to enable user productivity and efficiency
- Continuously perform tasks until completion, else timely escalate to third parties for support or and log a Problem ticket.
- Proactively research into hardware upgrades, upgrade user computers with latest approved patch releases.
- Support and supervise IT preventive maintenance activities and recommend assets for disposal.
- Develop expertise to train staff in basic IT skills. e.g., use of new technologies, troubleshooting.
- Contributes to Planning the Enterprise Infrastructure systems annual budget, assess user computers due for disposal, validating related costs invoiced and related costs in the respective BAU environment through the Manager IT Service Delivery.
- Minimize costs resulting from service failures and prevent operational losses.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology (IT), Engineering or other numerical biased field from a reputable university or college.
- Certification in ITIL v4.0+ is preferable.
- Knowledge of Banking services or other IT certification is added advantage.
- 2 + years of technical support role in medium to large organizations.
- Ability to troubleshoot, install Operating systems, resolve simple network problems, and maintain IT procedures.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, interpret documents, understand procedures, speak clearly to third parties and employees.
- Strong interpersonal communication and relationship-building skills.
- Good Technology Troubleshooting skills.
- Active Listening.
- Planning and Organization.
- Critical Judgement and Decision-Making.
- Good Communicator – Presents ideas effectively, clearly, and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Interpersonal Skills – Create a culture of continuous development and ownership with self and the team.
- Inspire Commitment –Actions and behaviours are consistent with words.
- Self-Development – Pursues positive change in self and organization. Drives own personal development plan.
- Rapidly establish a good working relationship with end users and other professionals such as Infrastructure System Administrators.
- Willingness to solve complicated problems and see projects through to completion.
- Analytical skills to study problems and records and identify solutions.
- Self-motivated, Positive attitude under stress conditions.
- Team-oriented attitude to help end users with technical problems.
How To Apply for DFCU Bank Uganda Jobs 2022
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including your present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level), to the email address indicated below;
dfcu Bank is committed to give equal opportunities in employment and aims to ensure that it does not discriminate against gender or race. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted through +256 312 300391.
Disclaimer: dfcu Bank does not solicit/accept payment in cash/kind from prospective candidates in exchange for shortlisting or job placement. Any candidate who engages in this kind of transaction is aiding and abetting fraud and will be automatically disqualified.
Closing Date: 29th July 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.