DFCU Bank Uganda Jobs 2022 – Service Monitoring Officer
Job Title: Service Monitoring Officer – DFCU Bank Uganda Jobs 2022
Organisation: DFCU Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: IT Production Assurance Specialist
DFCU Bank Profile:
DFCU Bank is a fast growing commercial bank offering a variety of innovative products and services. DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Reporting to the IT Production Assurance Specialist, the Service Monitoring Officer will be responsible for monitoring IT Services by real-time Service monitoring of digital services layers, maintenance of an updated IT Service Catalogue and execution of the IT Problem Management process by coordinating both internal and external stakeholders to resolve failures or problems within the IT Environments in line with the set SLAs.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Management of a reliable Configuration management database, Definitive Hardware store and Definitive software library.
- Enforcement and control of the infrastructure configuration management Standards.
- Proactively monitor and prepare periodic reports (Daily, Weekly, Monthly, and quarterly) for IT Environments’ health status – in Production, SIT, DR and UAT.
- Record and prioritize IT Problems, collaborate with respective Problem owners and prioritize problems with appropriate diligence for timely resolution.
- Monitor compliance to the Problem management procedure within the IT environments, publish temporary solutions (workarounds) and final solutions for known errors.
- Supervise and follow-up with respective Problem owners to investigate underlying cause of IT Problems, document Root Cause Analysis (RCA) reports and closure within agreed Problem SLA timelines.
- Plan and coordinate IT Disaster Recovery Plan maintenance.
- The applicant for the DFCU Bank Service Monitoring Officer job must hold a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, IT, Engineering or other numerical biased field from a reputable university or college.
- Certification in ITILv4.0+ foundation added advantage.
- Knowledge of Banking services or other IT certification is added advantage.
- Any other IT certification is added advantage.
- At least three years of broad experience in support and implementation of information Systems and communication systems.
- General technological skills in Server hardware, Storage, Operating systems (Windows & LINUX), Security & Network infrastructure.
- Problem solving skills.
- Excellent report and technical writing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, negotiation and communication skills.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence; speak clearly to third parties and employees.
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to adapt and work co-operatively and effectively in different situations and teams to carry out assigned tasks maintain a positive attitude under stress conditions.
- Disposition to share knowledge fully and willingly with other employees in the interest of the organization.
- Clear knowledge of IT Service Management best practices and frameworks.
- Analytical Thinking & Inductive Reasoning.
- Critical Judgement and Decision-Making.
- Planning and Organization.
- Good Communicator – Presents ideas effectively, clearly, and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Self-Development – Pursues positive change in self and organization. Drives own personal development plan.
- Problem Management skills.
- Report writing and Presentation skills.
- Good Co-ordination skills.
- Team-oriented attitude to help end users with technical problems.
How To Apply for DFCU Bank Uganda Jobs 2022
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including your present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level), to the email address indicated below;
dfcu Bank is committed to give equal opportunities in employment and aims to ensure that it does not discriminate against gender or race. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted through +256 312 300391.
Disclaimer: dfcu Bank does not solicit/accept payment in cash/kind from prospective candidates in exchange for shortlisting or job placement. Any candidate who engages in this kind of transaction is aiding and abetting fraud and will be automatically disqualified.
Closing Date: 29th July 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.