IRC Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Senior Partnership Officer (Finance)
Job Title: Senior Partnership Officer (Finance) – IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Partnership Finance Manager
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (www.rescue.org) is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict development services for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC is currently working in over 40 countries around the world, addressing both the immediate and lifesaving needs of conflict affected people in emergencies and the reconstruction needs of post-conflict societies.
The IRC began programming in northern Uganda in 1998 in response to mass displacement and devastation wrought by rebel group, the Lord’s Resistance Army. In 2002, the IRC expanded to the remote, conflict-affected region of Karamoja and in 2011, began working with refugees in Kampala. Monitoring the influx of South Sudanese refugees at the end of 2015, the IRC began scaling up its response to refugees arriving in the West Nile region. By promoting durable solutions that deliver on the interdependent aims of saving lives, strengthening institutions, and supporting social cohesion, the IRC in Uganda is laying the building blocks for long-term stability and development –bringing people from harm to home. The IRC currently works in 9 districts in Uganda, including Kitgum, Lamwo, Kyegegwa, Moroto, Amudat, Yumbe, Arua, Kasese and Kampala. The IRC will be moving into additional/new locations in refugee settlements in Kiryandongo and Zombo.
This position will be placed within the IRC Uganda Partnership department which acts as the formal coordination point between IRC departments, including programs, operations, finance, and global headquarters.
Directly supervised by the Finance Manager-Partnership and working closely with the Senior Finance Officer-budgeting and reporting, the position supports donor compliance, partner draft budgets and reports reviews, participate in conducting Partner’s Project Capacity Review (PPCR) and partner capacity support.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Budgeting and Reporting
- Support the Finance Manager-Partnership to disseminate updated information regarding donor formats (budgets and reports) and other donor related information to the partners.
- Support in the review of partner financial and programmatic reports and provide timely feedback to partners.
- Stay up to date with donor compliance guidelines and disseminate to relevant colleagues in the country Programme and partners.
- Support in sub-award grantee reporting, ensuring that partners use the budgeting and reporting templates provided at the time of signing the Partnership Agreements.
- Ensure that draft reports are shared for review and feedback by Finance Manager-Partnership & Partnership Coordinator prior to submitting the final report to Finance for posting in integra.
- Facilitate timely and accurate submission of partner financial reports to Finance Manager-Partnership for final review of financial and programmatic reports with relevant IRC staff.
- Support the implementation of the Partnership Excellence for Equality and Results (PEERS) system across all areas of sub-award management, partner budget review.
- Support in reviewing partner sub-grants agreement terms and conditions is well understood by the sub-grantees; arrange for the initial financial reporting training to the sub-grantees where necessary.
- Work closely with the Finance Manager-partnership to prepare and update the partnership tracker.
- Support partner monitoring schedule per Partners Project Capacity Review results and ensure programmatic and compliance monitoring visits happen in coordination with the partnership coordinator and responsible technical coordinators.
- Support in capacity sharing of partners in identified areas as per the partner support plans.
- Work closely with the Finance Manger -Partnerships and Partnership Manager to ensure the timely scheduling and carrying out of sub-award activities with IRC internal relevant program staff per PEERS guidelines.
- Liaise with Finance Manager-Partnership and Partnership Coordinator to relay the communications to sub-award Partners as requested.
Cash/Bank – Processing
- Support the Finance Manager – Partnerships to review Cash Transfer (CTR) documentation.
- Support in reviewing Partner payment vouchers to ensure completeness and accuracy of documentation.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to.
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
- University degree in Business Studies or Administration, Organizational Management, Social Sciences, and/or other relevant fields.
- 2-3 years’ work experience in humanitarian/development programming entailing community-based activities, sub-grant management and/or local stakeholder engagement.
- Experience working in a similar role with NGO is highly regarded.
- Exceptional coordination and interpersonal skills and ability to develop and maintain effective working relationships with relevant stakeholders.
- Demonstrable experience working effectively in coordination with multi-functional (e.g., Program, operational, finance) teams.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Professional fluency in spoken and written English
- Knowledge of donor rules and regulations
- Willingness to travel to IRC and partners’ field offices
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel; experience using, or at least a familiarity with, accounting software and budgeting/budget management is a plus.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: August 19th 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.