LWF Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher M&E Assistant
Job Title: M&E Assistant – LWF Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Uganda
Job Location: Lamwo & Luuka (Successiful Candidates may also be posted in other LWF Office locations)
Reports to: M&E Officer
Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Uganda Limited Profile:
LWF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world. Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Uganda is part of the LWF World Service and we are currently supporting Congolese and South-Sudanese refugees living in settlements in the districts of Kamwenge, Adjumani, Moyo, Kyangwali and Lamwo respectively.
Under the guidance of the M&E Officer, the M&E Assistant is responsible for gathering data and ensuring accurate entry, maintaining data, and following up and reporting progress of project activities.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Provide guidance and support to Project Assistants in the development and implementation of monitoring tools, which will include, but not be limited to, data collection, analysis and reporting on project indicators.
- Participate in the training of project assistants in monitoring of activities based on indicators and targets set out in the project documents.
- In line with selection criteria developed by project officers, carry out verifications to ensure the right beneficiaries are supported and to highlight any inconsistencies in the identification process.
- Participate in periodic sub program planning meetings to review program progress and share best M&E practices.
- Support in ensuring that all projects have realistic work plans, and are submitted on time
- Assist in defining the required team composition and structure for the operational programme in accordance with LWF standard structure;
- Support in the recruitment process of the casual laborers and data clerks; staff requisition, long and short listing, development of interview questions, recommendations for the best suited candidates and on-boarding orientation and induction.
- Lead and supervise casual laborers and data clerks, encouraging effective team work and inclusiveness through regular meetings and clear reporting mechanisms.
- Agree on clear performance objectives for reports in appraisal, and ensuring there are appropriately set objectives, and that appraisals are undertaken in a timely manner;
- Train and supervise research assistants for specific data collection and entry activities including checking questionnaires and data entered for reliability, completeness and consistency.
Financial management / Budget Monitoring & Control:
- Support the M&E officer in developing a realistic budget for the M&E department.
Project Monitoring, Evaluation and Reporting:
- Participate in strengthening the existing M&E system for the projects in the Sub Program.
- Support in preparing bi-weekly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual programmatic performance reports.
- Support the entering and monitoring of projects through the Newdea PMER online systems.
- Collect and systemize information on progress of each activity of a project being implemented, and input the information into database platform.
- Ensuring accuracy of entered data and comparing it with the existing filing system to make sure all records are consistent and aligned.
- Provide support in establishing and updating an M&E tracking database
- Provide assistance in monitoring and evaluation, data collection, interviews, surveys, data clarity and data delivery to the M&E Officers.
- Assist in analysing and compiling data to measure the progress and impact of projects’ activities
- Prepare and submit success stories of projects’ activities
- Work closely and on a daily basis with the M&E Officer on all data collection, data entry and data analysis
- Provide support in routine monitoring and evaluation, data collection, interviews, data clarity and consistency.
- Provide day to day verification of data quality and ensure all data is input into database platform and analysed with integrity.
- Submit monthly monitoring and evaluation activity reports to the monitoring and evaluation officer.
- Undertake other related duties as may reasonably be assigned by the Supervisor
- Ensures strict adherence to the humanitarian principles at all times including respect for confidentiality and a child centered approach, and act in the best interests of the persons of concern.
- Commitments to and understanding of LWF aims, values and principles including rights-based approach.
- The M&E Assistant must ensure that organization assets are maintained and taken good care.
- Willing to work with vulnerable persons.
Minimum Qualifications for LWF Uganda Jobs 2022:
How To Apply for LWF Uganda Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below
Deadline: 15th August 2022 at 5:00 pm
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.