NFA Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Personal Assistant
Job Title: Personal Assistant – NFA Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: National Forestry Authority (NFA)
Reports to: Departmental Head/Manager, National Tree Seed Centre (Namanve)
Duty Station: Headquarters, Kampala or Namanve
Salary Scale: NFA 6
Employment: Four (3) year contract (Renewable)
National Forestry Authority (NFA) Profile:
Government of Uganda, in 1998 adopted a policy to restructure many government departments including the Forestry Department. It recognized an urgent need for a change in the policy, legal framework and institutions controlling forestry in the country. There was a sense of crisis about the state of the country’s forests and a particular outcry at the state of the forest reserves, in the hands of the Forestry Department. The sensitization Forestry Department was no longer appropriate for the task and therefore a need for it to be divested. It was decided that a new institutional arrangement was needed hence the Forestry Inspection Division, the National Forestry Authority and the District Forestry Services were set up.
Government of Uganda worked with DFID, Norway, GTZ, UNDP, FAO and the EU towards this institutional change since 1999. Having made the decision to close the Forestry Department, the Ministry pushed for a quick development and transition to, an NFA. So, the NFA became in 2003 under section 52 of The National Forestry and Tree Planting Act and was launched on the 26th April 2004.
Establishment of the National Forestry Authority was preceded by the development of the new Forestry Policy (2001) and the National Forest Plan (2002). These were to provide for a framework for distribution of roles and responsibilities amongst sector stakeholders and not just the Forestry Department.
NFA has a mandate of managing 506 Central Forest Reserves (CFR’s) totaling to 1,262,090 ha of the land cover, with objectives of improving management of the CFRs, expanding partnership arrangements, supplying forest and non-forest products and services and ensuring organizational stability.
To manage the office and ensure that all secretarial services and other requirements pertaining to the proper functioning of the Director/Manager’s office are adequately handled.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Receive, date and read incoming and outgoing mails and ensure their proper distribution or dispatch for further action.
- Answering and responding to telephone enquiries, ensuring telephone messages are transacted accurately and conveyed promptly.
- Assisting with preparation of and typing correspondence from various raw sources such as manual drafts, dictations, e-mail, mails or verbal instructions and distribute as directed.
- Take minutes of meetings, prepare reports and returns as may be required and distribute as directed.
- Keep abreast with all current activities by reading files and correspondence in order to be effective in supporting the Director/Manager in reading and summarising documents.
- Ensure proper record management by maintaining an efficient filing and retrieval system.
- Support the Director/Manager in reading and summarizing documents.
- Monitor and maintain daily schedules, diaries, travel plans, appointments for the office, call screening, preparation of documents, agendas, letters and reports.
- Organize, coordinate and facilitate the department’s events.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by the immediate supervisor.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree (Honors) in any of the following fields: Secretarial Studies or Office Management from a recognized Institution.
- At least two (2) years working experience in a similar or related position in a reputable organization.
- Computer proficiency in Ms Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint
- Good communication skills, well developed customer care skills, reliable in terms of confidentiality, timeliness and thoroughness in carrying out tasks.
- Ability to beat deadlines, believer in quality work and work under minimum supervision.
How To Apply for NFA Uganda Jobs 2022
Criteria for application Interested candidates who meet the above requirements, should submit their applications, certified copies of academic certificates, transcripts and curriculum vitae giving full details of applicants’ education, qualifications, experience (with evidence), present salary, and three referees with their full postal, e-mail addresses and telephone contacts as well as the candidate’s full address and e-mail to the address below not later than close of business on 31st August 2022 or send soft copies to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification. NFA is an equal opportunity employer and women are encouraged to apply. Applications should be addressed to: The Executive Director National Forestry Authority Plot 10/20 Spring Road, Bugolobi P. O. Box 70863, Kampala-Uganda Tel: 0312 – 264035/6; 0414-360400
Deadline: 31st August 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.