DFCU Bank Uganda Jobs 2022 – 7 Business Banker
Job Title: 7 Business Banker – DFCU Bank Uganda Jobs 2022
Organisation: DFCU Bank
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Branch Manager
DFCU Bank Profile:
DFCU Bank is a fast growing commercial bank offering a variety of innovative products and services. DFCU Limited was started by the Commonwealth Development Corporation (CDC) of the United Kingdom and the Government of Uganda through the Uganda Development Corporation (UDC) under the name of Development Finance Company of Uganda Limited. Later restructuring brought in DEG (of Germany) and International Finance Corporation (IFC) as equal partners with CDC and UDC, each having a 25% stake in the company. Its objective was to support long-term development projects whose financing needs and risk did not appeal to the then existing financial commercial lending institutions.
Reporting to the Branch Manager, the Business Banker will be responsible for growing and maintaining the business asset and liability portfolio of the branch by offering business banking solutions to clients in accordance with the laid down procedures.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Source for new business and maintain existing accounts to achieve sales & relationship targets for Business growth.
- Monitor own portfolio to ensure that PAR and NPAs are kept within the acceptable levels.
- Appraise loan applications making sure that they meet the set standards and credit requirements using the prescribed score cards and return those that do not meet specifications to the front office desk for follow up to avoid losses.
- Initiate credit applications for new and existing customers by completing the documentation with customers, completing the required financial analysis, and submitting applications to credit for approval to meet the set agreed timelines.
- Increase product penetration for allocated customers by reviewing their portfolio to determine potential cross sells and proactively recommend new products to customers for Business growth.
- Receive security documents from customers ensuring that they meet bank standards and any specific requirements depending on the facilities offered to the customer.
- Follow up on all approved loans and ensure that customer information is correctly captured in the system i.e., standing orders, interest rates, repayment schedules, limits, review, and expiry dates to avoid losses.
- Follow up on irregular accounts and generate actioned arrears report for submission to credit for a quality portfolio.
- Make calls to clients with loans in arrears to support timely collection and generate reports to ensure NPA/PAR are within the acceptable levels.
- Process disbursement requests for all lending products in order to achieve the branch targets.
- Take responsibility for the performance of allocated SME portfolio in order to maximize loyalty and customer satisfaction.
- Onboard new customers on QuickBanking and inform customers of other appropriate service channels.
- Comply with KYC, AML & suspicious transactions reporting and ensure that all documentation and transactions are in line with local and regulatory anti-money laundering and KYC requirements.
- Undertake additional duties and/or transfer you to other duties compatible with your skills and experience within dfcu more generally as the Bank shall in its absolute discretion determine.
- The applicant for the DFCU Bank Business Banker job must have three years of banking experience.
- Strong credit skills.
- Excellent selling skills.
- Excellent sales, networking, and relationship management background.
- Strong Communication and presentation skills, verbal and written.
- Credit Appraisal & Analysis skills & portfolio quality control.
- Good understanding of the business banking market
- Good understanding of the Bank’s products.
- Excellent interpersonal and negotiating skills required.
- Industry and business awareness.
- Excellent problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Good organization & teamwork (Winning together) skills.
- Ability to manage a portfolio of customers with different business needs.
How To Apply for DFCU Bank Uganda Jobs 2022
If you believe you meet the requirements as noted above, please forward your application with a detailed CV including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates (University Transcript, O & A level) to the email address indicated below.
dfcu Bank is committed to give equal opportunities in employment and aims to ensure that it does not discriminate against gender or race. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted through +256 312 300391.
Closing Date: 25th August 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.