IRC Uganda Jobs 2022 – Human Resource and Administration Officer
Job Title: Human Resource and Administration Officer – IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Kyegegwa, Uganda
Reports to: Field Coordinator
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover and gain control of their future. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home. The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supporting nationals, refugees and various institutions in the country notably the government, community based organizations, the civil society and the private sector. The current program portfolio in Uganda includes health, peace building, gender-based violence, economic recovery and agribusiness, and children & youth.
IRC has a country office in Kampala, a regional office in Kitgum, Kiryandongo and Moroto. Given the recent conflict outbreak in South Sudan, IRC re-opened the Yumbe Field site office to support refugees being settled in Bidibidi refugee settlement in Yumbe District and in Arua District, the IRC is one of the first responders to the emergency situation in Imvepi refugee settlement as well.
Under the direct supervision of the Field Coordinator, the Human Resources and Administration Officer supports the affairs related to the day to day running of the IRC Kyaka office and is key in providing support on HR and Admin functions. They will support the human resources and administrative function in compiling payroll information, maintenance of all personnel files, leave management, staff benefits for Kyaka staff as outlined in the details below.
Roles and Responsibilities for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022:
Recruitment and Orientation
- Facilitate recruitment processes for local recruitments as required and monitor HR recruitment policies and procedures are consistently followed.
- In coordination with the Country HR Lead and the Field Coordinator, facilitate the integration/transition processes to ensure new and transferred staff to Kyaka receive required information for their integration.
- Ensure all new staff receive IRC Way orientation and related documentation.
Compensation and Benefits
- Support in responding to employee inquiries regarding salary and benefits.
- Act as focal point to receive staff concerns about their compensation and benefits.
- Provide timely feedback to Field Coordinator and/or Country HR Lead about all staff concerns related to their compensation and benefits.
- Facilitate and provide guidance for resolving minor employee relations issues in the field office.
- Provide Field Coordinator and/or Country HR Lead with information of any employee relations issues occurring in the field.
- Facilitate relationships between labor/social services and IRC staff.
- Coordinate the collection of staff timesheets, ensuring that they are provided on time and sent to head office systematically.
- Implement the process of staff taking their leave in accordance with IRC regulations.
- Provide staff information to the Country HR Lead in Kampala on a regular basis.
- Communicate any staff welfare concerns to the Field Coordinator and/or Country HR Lead in a timely manner.
- Coordinate the process of always ensuring availability of adequate office supplies.
- Coordinate hotel/accommodation, flight booking etc. with Kampala and other field locations.
- Submit regularly as required, information to Country HR Lead for HR Metrics preparation.
- Submit monthly payroll information to the Country HR Lead in a timely manner.
- Update and submit regularly staff leave tracking.
- Submit weekly and monthly recruitment reports.
- Maintain proper records for all correspondences.
- Ensure compliance of administrative policies and procedures with IRC standards and local law in the Kyaka office.
- Perform any other official duties as assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or related field.
- At least 3 years of relevant professional experience in administration/human resources and in similar position.
- Previous experience working with an international NGO in a cross-cultural setting, preferably in the HR or Administration sector.
- Good knowledge and application of Uganda Labour Laws.
- Good working knowledge of Human Resource Management Information Systems (HRMIS)
- Experience in supervising staff
- Previous team experience and knowledge of team dynamics desirable
- Ability to maintain the highest degree of discretion and confidentiality.
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Access, and Microsoft Outlook.
- Must be detail-oriented and able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Excellent organizational, communication and time management skills.
- Ability to organize tasks simultaneously, prioritize work and ensure tasks are completed by deadline
- Honest, reliable, and trustworthy.
- Willingness to adhere to and implement the IRC rules.
- Good inter-personal and conflict resolution skills, able to work under pressure and manage personal stress
- Able to coach and support others.
- Substantial knowledge of Uganda employment law/labor laws.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills plus fluency in spoken and written English.
- Able to cope with basic living conditions during field trip (in case required).
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: August 26th 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.