LWF Uganda Jobs 2022 – 4 Fresher Nutrition Assistants
Job Title: 4 Nutrition Assistants – LWF Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Uganda
Job Location: Adjumani, Lamwo, Obongi & Kyangwali
Reports to: Senior Nutrition Officer
Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Uganda Limited Profile:
LWF World Service is the humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation. We are a widely recognized, international, faith-based organization working in over 20 countries. We seek to bring people of all backgrounds together in the common quest for justice, peace, and reconciliation in an increasingly complex and fragmented world. Lutheran World Federation (LWF) Uganda is part of the LWF World Service and we are currently supporting Congolese and South-Sudanese refugees living in settlements in the districts of Kamwenge, Adjumani, Moyo, Kyangwali and Lamwo respectively.
Ensures that nutrition is effectively integrated into LWF Uganda’s multi-sectoral program in Palorinya- Obongi District and runs effectively, and efficiently to meet and align to our Country’s strategy ‘For Hope and a Future.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support in development of relevant project IEC materials and also ensure that such materials are effectively disseminated, and utilised by targeted beneficiaries for impact.
- Collect quality data, utilize and also timely and accurately report the data to inform programming.
- Oversee and advise on activities implemented by community in Nutrition, Protection, Livelihoods including mentoring and reporting follow-up for integrated approach.
- Ensure the community structures (VHTs, Care groups) conduct sub-group sessions and home visits at household level on recommended nutrition and WASH practices.
- Ensure the trained community nutrition structures during the training sessions do cascade to members of community groups.
- Ensure this training cascade and the method of delivery of the nutrition sessions is inspired by the Care Group approach, which demonstrates cost effectiveness, behavior change and sustainability.
- Mentor and make the care groups, VHTs and other community structures as change agents by equipping them with skills, tools, and knowledge which has the potential to last beyond the project.
- Support care group leaders to conduct cooking lessons to impart knowledge and skills on food utilization and preparation, to optimize the impact of diversified food production on nutrition status of family members including children.
- Support M&E team to assess the impact of the integration of a nutrition social and behavior change activities in improving nutrition outcomes in terms of food production and poverty reduction like dietary diversification, optimal feeding practices, reduction in anemia and increased incomes
- Document and compile reports on project activities including Monthly & Quarterly donor reports, internal reports (Project Activity Reports (APRs) and activity reports (meetings, and any other activity).
- Support the establishment of a database for all project activities to regularly monitor and evaluate their activities.
- Participate in reporting of project progress, success stories and lessons learned during project implementation.
- Participate in appropriate multi-district activities related to Nutrition such as nutrition week, World Breast Feeding day, workshops, seminars, exchange visits and field monitoring visits.
- Work closely with relevant district departments (DHO, DHI) to share relevant information.
- Participate in internal and external meetings as per the Project Manager and Officer’s guidance and with support of the Team Leader.
- As delegated by the Project Officer, respond to complaints and questions related to Nutrition and nutrition practices in the project areas.
- Preform other duties as assigned from time to time
- Actively participate in events organized in the refugee and host community setting.
- Coordinate with other sectors of Lutheran World Federation and all other stakeholders in the response.
Minimum Qualifications for LWF Uganda Jobs 2022:
How To Apply for LWF Uganda Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below
Deadline: 22nd August 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.