DRC Uganda Jobs 2022 – Global MEAL Specialist (Strategic Results)
Job Title: Global MEAL Specialist (Strategic Results) – DRC Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Danish Refugee Council Uganda (DRC)
Duty Station: Uganda
Danish Refugee Council Uganda Profile:
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a private, independent, humanitarian organization working on all aspects of the refugee cause in more than 36 countries throughout the world. The aim of DRC is to protect refugees and internally displaced persons (IDPs) against persecution and to promote durable solutions to the problems of forced migration, on the basis of humanitarian principles and human rights. DRC works in accordance with the UN Conventions on Refugees and the Code of Conduct for the ICRC and NGOs in Disaster Relief.
You will be part of our global strategic results documentation and analysis, based on existing country level and regional results management systems. You will manage and support the use of global standard indicators, global results aggregation and analysis tools, and work closely with regional MEAL coordinators and the global MEAL team to strengthen DRC practices in this regard.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Design, test, and improve results aggregation and analysis tools, and support in their application as needed
- Manage global results aggregation
- Manage and contribute to global results analysis, including for the Danida Strategic Partnership Agreement
- In close collaboration with global platform and sector leads, manage and further develop global standard indicators and support global aggregation of data
- Develop and contribute to results data visualization
- Provide technical support to country operations, regional and HQ offices in these areas
- Present global and strategic results in relevant DRC meetings and events as needed
- As appropriate, revise or develop policies, strategy, resources, tools and guidance to support these topics
- As required, engage in other relevant initiatives in the MEAL team and the wider Division, including Information Management and other results-related work
To be successful in this role we expect you to come with experience in results management and analysis, or a broader experience in MEAL or related fields. We would expect you to have a sound understanding of good monitoring practice, including the design and use of good quality indicators. All employees should master DRC’s core competencies: Communicating, Taking the lead, collaborating, striving for excellence and demonstrating integrity.
Concretely, we expect the following:
- At least 3 years relevant experience in results aggregation, analysis, and visualization, at least at country (programme) level
- Understanding of programme monitoring, results indicators, and the design and use of results frameworks
- Proficient in use of the MS Office 365 suite for collaboration and results management (Excel), PowerBI skills an advantage
- Social science master’s degree in a relevant field or a first level university degree with additional two (2) years of experience may be accepted in lieu of an advanced university degree.
- English and French, fluently spoken and written.
- Experience with portfolio results analysis in a large organisation
- Demonstrated abilities in problem solving as well as taking a flexible and innovative approach to working.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as part of a distributed and diverse team and to form close working relationships with colleagues from a varied range of backgrounds while working remotely
- Highly motivated and hard working with strong attention to detail.
Contract length: Two (2) years
Workplace: DRC Regional Office in Nairobi, Kenya. Alternatively, the position may be located in one of DRC’s country offices in the East Africa and Great Lakes region subject to further dialogue. Please indicate in your application if you are not able to work in Nairobi and which country office within the region you would be able to work in
Start date: 1st October 2022 or soonest thereafter
The position is temporary due to donor funding.
Salary and conditions for the position will be on DRC terms.
How To Apply for DRC Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 31st August 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise