APHRC Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Temporary Research Officer
Job Title: Temporary Research Officer – APHRC Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC)
Duty Station: Kagando, Uganda
African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) Profile:
The African Population and Health Research Center (APHRC) is an African-led and Africa based international research institute committed to conducting high quality and policy relevant multidisciplinary research. Our research addresses important development issues and challenges facing sub-Saharan Africa in areas such as education, population, health, aging, urbanization and wellbeing. Our goal is to generate evidence for meaningful action, engage with policy makers in the region to disseminate our research findings, influence policy decisions, and improve the quality of life in Africa.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Assist in reviewing study materials (protocols, questionnaires, consent forms etc).
- Day to day supervision of the data collection teams in Kagando Health and Demographic Surveillance Systems (HDSS) in Kasese, Uganda.
- Train field interviewers on data collection and ethics.
- Conduct spot checks on the field staff.
- Monitor the performance and quality of work done by each of the teams.
- Oversee the work of the team leaders including editing, work allocation to fieldworkers, spot check reports on fieldworkers.
- Liaison between APHRC and the local community.
- Filing daily reports on the performance and quality of work done by the teams in the fieldsite to APHRC.
- Undertake data analysis and produce reports.
- Ensure data linkage between HDSS and hospital data in the maternal and child health department and/or the outpatient department.
- A Master’s degree in Public Health, Social Sciences or related field.
- Proven experience in coordinating quantitative field studies and managing field interviewers in Uganda, preferably in Kasese district.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and report writing skills
How To Apply for APHRC Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: 29th August 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.