CORSU Jobs 2022 – Fresher EDR Field Assistant
Job Title: EDR Field Assistant – CORSU Jobs 2022
Organization: Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services (CORSU)
Duty Station: Kisubi, Uganda
Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services (CORSU) Profile:
Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services for people with disability in Uganda (CORSU) was established in 2006 as a private non-profit, non-governmental organization and is supported by CBM (Christian Blind Mission). CORSU provides Orthopaedic Surgery, Plastic Surgery and Rehabilitation, mainly for children as well as adults with disability.
- The overall goal of the National Clubfoot Program of Uganda is to ensure that every child born with the clubfeet has access to quality clubfoot care, and that clubfoot treatment is integrated in the general health system by 2030.
- To create awareness towards clubfoot in order to improve community involvement in early detection of clubfoot deformity and referral to accredited centers for treatment and improve adherence to care.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support the EDR Officer in conducting awareness workshops for health care providers at Health centres, nursing/ midwifery training schools and at community level for Village health teams as per the EDR work plan.
- Work with the EDR officer to support clubfoot clinics in improving adherence to treatment and curb dropout rates during correction and bracing phases of treatment.
- Advocacy for community involvement in clubfoot care through engaging with community and opinion leaders to support vulnerable families.
- Support clubfoot clinics to increase enrolment to treatment through media and printed poster distribution in communities.
- Support clubfoot clinics to reduce dropout rates through conducting home visits and bring back children to care.
- Improve the quality of treatment by conducting community assessment of children in brace phase.
- Organize workshops for Village Health Teams at District.
- Diploma in Orthopedic Medicine from recognized institution and should be registered with Allied Health Professions Council.
- Should have a two (2) years’ work experience in a busy clubfoot clinic that offers Ponseti treatment (volunteers with authentic recommendations are accepted).
- Must possess basic knowledge and skills of the Ponseti treatment.
- Knowledge and skills in public speaking and conducting health talks is critical.
- Knowledge and skills to assess the feet using Pirani scores and make technical consultation during field visits.
- Willing to travel upcountry using public transport.
- Should be willing to work longer hours when need arises.
- Good professional conduct and high level of Integrity
- Able to make accurate diagnosis of clubfoot and offer professional support to families.
- Excellent communication and counselling skills
- Fluent in English and other languages
- Good interpersonal skills
- Teamwork and team building.
- Time management skills/meeting deadlines.
- Willing to learn new skills to improve self and organization.
How To Apply for CORSU Jobs 2022
NB: Qualified persons should submit their applications (detailed CV with covering letter plus copies of academic qualifications clearly indicating position applied for).
Write to The Head of Human Resource, CoRSU Hospital P.O. 46 Kisubi or email to firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Note that only shortlisted candidates will be notified for interviews. The closing date for receiving applications is Wednesday,31st August,2022.
- Qualified persons with Disabilities (PWDs) are encouraged to apply.
Closing Date: 31st August 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.