IRC Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Registered Nurse
Job Title: Registered Nurse – IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Kiryandongo, Uganda
Reports to: Medical Officer
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
Founded in 1933, the International Rescue Committee (www.rescue.org) is a world leader in relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict development services for those uprooted or affected by violent conflict and oppression. The IRC is currently working in over 40 countries around the world, addressing both the immediate and lifesaving needs of conflict affected people in emergencies and the reconstruction needs of post-conflict societies.
Roles and Responsibilities for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022:
- Provide training in infection control practices for national staff, including on the job mentoring
- Ensure that clinical management and infection prevention and control procedures are being applied by clinical staff according to a strict protocol
- Conduct rounds in health facility wards and departments, discussing and monitoring infection control practices with staff.
- Develop and implement systems for improving IPC across the health facility wards and departments.
- Supervise the Ebola screening process and provide support with triage of cases that meet the suspect case definition as required.
- Establish a system for EVD monitoring on inpatient wards.
- Ensure distribution of IPC equipment and supplies to supported facilities
- Maintain inventory of supplies and anticipate timing of replenishment
- Provide technical support for PPE, drug management and medical supply systems
- Track and monitor facility IPC progress and follow-up, ensuring completion of IPC assessments
- Compile and submit daily ward reports.
- Allocated resources managed and accounted for.
- This position may enter the red zone/wet area of the isolation unit.
- Work within the health post and community in the catchment population and collaborate with the health implementing partners in the settlement.
- Participate in project review meetings and engaging with the appropriate stakeholders.
- Supervise and appraise assigned cadres of staff at the health facility.
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
- Must be trained at a registered level from a recognized Nursing-Midwifery Training Institution.
- At least two (2) years’ working experience as a Registered Nurse.
- Clinical experience mostly in isolation wards and emergencies, with demonstrated experience with viral hemorrhagic fevers or cholera treatment centers
- Must be registered and licensed with the Nurses and Midwives Council.
- Ability to effectively provide guidance and counseling
- Concern for quality and standards
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: September 9th 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.