Kyabirwa Surgical Jobs 2022 – Fresher Medical Officer
Job Title: Medical Officer – Kyabirwa Surgical Jobs 2022
Organization: Kyabirwa Surgical Facility Center
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Kyabirwa Surgical Facility Center Profile:
Global Surgical Initiatives Inc. Kyabirwa Surgical Center is a registered Non-Government Organisation (NGO) founded in Jinja, Eastern Uganda by members of the Mount Sinai Health System in New York. The Health Unit is licensed by Uganda Medical and Dental Practioners Council. (UMDPC)
The Center is located along Kimaka-Buyala Road,10 to 15kms from Jinja town,30 minutes’ drive from town center. It is found on Plot 668, Block 4 Kyabirwa, Budondo Subcounty.
This surgical center was founded to improve a long-standing stereotype that much-needed surgery is expensive and only available for the rich. Many underprivileged communities have kept away from surgical treatments due to lack of adequate resources and significant cost. The aim of this project is to demonstrate that everyone who deserves surgical care can obtain it safely and affordably.
Members from the Mount Sinai Health foundation came together and led a drive to fundraise for the establishment of this facility. This followed a visit from to the village on the invitation of Soft Power Health. Soft power health is an outpatient clinic in Kyabirwa that offers free services to the community. The center sees an average of 500 patients in a week coming from all parts of Uganda.
The MO will be required to exhibit extensive clinical knowledge and skills as they work hand in hand with the team to ensure that the highest standards of primary care, diagnosis, treatment, administrative and surgical care of patients are met at the Surgical facility,
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Comprehensive patient clinical evaluation through thorough history taking, physical examination and appropriate investigations; to make correct diagnoses and chart appropriate management plans.
- Following established surgical techniques to operate on patients to correct deformities, repair injuries, prevent and treat diseases, or improve or restore patients’ functions.
- Referring patients to medical specialists or other practitioners when necessary.
- Participating in developing, implementing, and evaluating new clinical and surgical care and treatment protocols
- Participating in organizing and conducting surgical camps, outreach, and community health education programs. Ensuring the highest standards in patient care are maintained.
- Participating in research activities and health data collection.
- Ensuring consistent and accurate medical recordkeeping practices.
- Compile and submit periodic reports.
- Proactively participate in continuing Professional Development Programmes.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine and Surgery with an up-to-date Annual Practicing License.
- Minimum of 1 year of work experience preferably with sometime in the OR
- Computer skills especially proficiency in MS Office package (Excel, Word, PowerPoint and Information management systems.
- Must be staying or willing to stay in Jinja and able to speak the area local language: Lusoga or Luganda
How To Apply for Kyabirwa Surgical Jobs 2022:
Send an email with your application letter, and academic and professional documentation to: email@example.com
Deadline: 31st August 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.