Medic Jobs 2022 – App Developer
Job Title: App Developer – Medic Jobs 2022
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Product Development Senior Officer
The position of the App Developer, involves managing project app development. This involves management of the technical configurations and management of the app functionality to ensure optimal performance. It also involves partner support such as capacity building on the usage and optimization of the app and support in case of incidents reported on the app. The app developer will work closely with design and project teams. They are expected to be quick learners and equally quick to adapt to new and changing technologies.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage project technical development/configurations: Work alongside partnerships leads, project managers, and designers to define scope, design, write technical specifications, and build public health applications
- Develop internal and partner-facing interactive data visualizations. Work with designers and project managers to ensure that dashboard designs are feasible within the Medic Mobile Analytics platform
- Conduct functional and unit testing on all developed code and scripts in line with testing frameworks to ensure conformance with defined requirements. Ensure general functionality and design of the app is maintained and testing of the app. Ensure that the test coverage is as close as they can get to 100%.
- Manage client timelines, monitor usage of the platform, and any relevant software costs for invoicing purposes to foster strong relationships with partners. Make reference to the statement of works and ensure adherence to partner timelines.
- Support end users and stakeholders (internal and external) on any arising technology issues/bugs to resolve, escalate, and resolve. Make sure the tool can work well with the partner organization recommendations. Monitor the caring acts, monitor the app to ensure that the tool is working well and fix bugs. Improve the tool using feedback from partners.
- Travel to the field to test app and network performance as well as to support deployment when need be.
- Support in proposal writing, publications, present Medic Mobile in meetings, seminars, summits & forums when called upon to do so.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3+ years of progressive experience in similar roles with demonstrated technical leadership.
- Strong command of written and spoken English.
- Proficient with relational databases, Postgres or MySQL
- Experience with data analysis and data visualisation languages R/Matlab/Python would be of benefit
- Have experience using command-line tools on Linux (preferred) or another UNIX-like operating system.
- Be committed to frequent and timely communication, both in person and online (via email, Slack, and other online chat applications).
- Have interest in working with and learning from a globally distributed team of mHealth technology experts.
- Have good communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to pass on information clearly to users and to grasp difficulties perceived by users.
- Strong user support orientation with an attitude of wanting to assist people and pass-on their knowledge and experience to others establishing a good working relationship with users/partners.
- Ability to work under high pressure, meet deadlines, monitor and follow-up on pending matters under minimum supervision.
- Be familiar with Android SDK, NoSQL databases.
- Project work experience with open source technology.
- Good logical diagnostic skills and ability to exercise good judgment in the resolution of problems.
- Fluency in other languages would be nice to have e.g Luganda
How To Apply for Tugende Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: September 30th, 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.