Medical Teams International Jobs 2022 – Fresher Communications Officer
Job Title: Communications Officer – Medical Teams International Jobs 2022
Organization: Medical Teams International
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Medical Teams International Profile:
Medical Teams International is a faith-based not for profit health relief and development organization with a Calling “Daring to love like Jesus, we boldly break barriers to health and restore wholeness in a hurting world.” MTI-UG has operations in West Nile and South western Uganda. We provide Comprehensive Primary Health Care, Reproductive Health, HIV/AIDS and Nutrition.
Responsible for developing and implementing countrywide communications strategies including branding, internal and external communications, and media relationships. Works closely with field communication champions to capture, document and report project activities. Collaborates with HQ Marketing department on story and photo gathering.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement communications strategies, campaigns, and other initiatives to promote the visibility of the organization.
- Liaise with HQ marketing focal point to coordinate content (photo/story/video/social media) collection requests.
- Uphold the photo policy for the country. Ensure that story, photo, and video assets meet the organizational photo policies and are uploaded to the digital asset management system. Ensure all country presentations and other communications shared in internal communications channels meet the photo policy consent standards prior to materials being shared.
- Coordinate with HQ marketing focal point to plan communications trainings content for field communications champions.
- Train and engage the field communication champions in story and photo collection, photo and consent policies, and social media content training.
- Liaise with the field communication champions and directly visit field locations to gather data and stories to use in communication materials for HQ and country communications; share updates with HQ Marketing department.
- Respond to media requests in accordance to Medical Teams policy, host media during field visits and report on donor visits and major field events when requested.
- Actively engage media (newspaper, radio, TV etc.) to promote visibility of the organization.
- Directly share stories, photos and videos through different communication channels, to promote visibility, including Teams (internal communication) and social media (external communication), in line with the HQ marketing team guidelines.
- Participate and engage in Global Content Community of Practice collaborating with other country communications office and designated HQ marketing staff on content coordination, training, and other COP engagements.
- Implement the HQ branding guidelines and share content with Medical Teams staff.
- Manage Medical Teams and donor visibility requirements (branding, signposts, posters, banners etc.) and review branding designs before procurement starts.
- Prepare the monthly internal newsletter and the yearly annual report.
- Advise management on communications matters and provide editorial support.
- Support safeguarding of program participants and employees through promoting an environment of awareness and upholding the code of conduct provisions of Medical Teams Protection from Sexual Exploitation & Abuse, Child & Vulnerable Adult protection, and harassment-free workplace policies.
- Other duties as assigned
EDUCATION, LICENSES, & CERTIFICATIONS
Bachelors degree in Mass Communication, Journalism, International Relations or similar field is preferred
- 2 years of communications experience with a humanitarian agency is preferred
- Experience working in emergency operations with an international NGO is an added advantage
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Knowledge of current theories and practices in communication research, organizational branding, planning and strategy, and the role of mass media
- Knowledge of how to present information to different audiences
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Excellent English communication skills; highly articulate verbally and in writing
- Skilled in conducting interviews and managing relationships with media representatives and other stakeholders
- Proven writing, editing, design, videography and photography skills (Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint and Publisher; Adobe Photoshop)
- Skilled at producing analytical reports and professional publications
- Ability to exercise considerable initiative to plan, organize and follow through to meet deadlines
- Ability to be flexible and manage stress, especially in situations which require a high degree of sensitivity, tact, and diplomacy
- Ability to act with integrity and maintain the highest ethical standards
- Ability to support MTI Calling and adhere to the MTI Code of Conduct
- This position requires frequent travel to health facilities located in remote areas with very basic living conditions.
How To Apply for Medical Teams International Jobs 2022
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should apply online at the link below
Deadline: 15th September 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.