7 Diploma Clinical Officers – Marie Stopes Uganda Jobs
Job Title: 7 Clinical Officers – Marie Stopes Uganda Jobs
Organization: Marie Stopes Uganda Jobs
Duty Station: Mbale, Hoima, Mbarara, Namuwongo, Jinja, Masaka
Marie Stopes Uganda Jobs Profile:
Marie Stopes Uganda is an NGO registered in Uganda. We are affiliated to Marie Stopes International. Together we deliver post abortion care, quality sexual and reproductive health care and family planning to millions of the world’s poorest and most vulnerable women. We want to make sure that women have a choice when it comes to having children and that death by unsafe abortion is reduced.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Provide comprehensive client counselling on reproductive health and other health matters.
• Take necessary steps to ensure that all centre clients are treated with sensitivity, respect, and consideration.
• If complaints are raised, be able to effectively manage and resolve them.
• Promptly refer complaints that persist or of serious magnitude to the centre manager for management.
• Ensure that client confidentiality is maintained.
In partnership with the centre manager,
• Carefully monitor medical stock supplies required and utilised at the centre for maximum efficiency.
• Take steps to ensure that medical supplies are adequate, but not excessive.
• Take responsibility to ensure that costs are contained within the approved annual budget.
• Strive for income from services to meet or exceed set targets.
• Based on client history, examination, laboratory test reports and findings and above all client needs, prescribe appropriate drugs.
• Perform appropriate procedures that including Intravenous Therapy, Tubal Ligation, Vasectomy, Norplant, IUD insertion, Pap smear, MVA procedure and VCT.
• Ensure responsible follow up and treatment of complications.
• Follow the Ugandan Clinical Guidelines for appropriate management of most conditions and illnesses.
• Refer complicated conditions to a hospital for further management.
• Ensure that the highest standards of reproductive health and general clinical services (including HIV/AIDS services) are achieved, as laid down in the Marie Stopes Partnership Manual.
• In collaboration with the centre manager, ensure that the centre complies with MSI policies and protocols for vocal local, infection prevention and emergency preparedness (including resuscitation).
Record Keeping and Reporting
In collaboration with the Centre Manager;
• Ensure that all company/corporate clients claim forms are duly completed and signed by you immediately after treatment of each individual client.
• Ensure that all claim forms are checked for errors and correctness before submissions to SO.
• Ensure that SO reporting and record keeping guidelines for all clients are adhered to.
Promotional and External relations Activities
In consultation with Centre Manager,
• Conduct outreach activities including VSC, CHW network development.
• Fully participate in planned promotional activities including radio programs and MSI-U condom social marketing activities.
• Represent MSU in all meetings held with the DDHS, as well as representing MSU on district training and workshops.
• Maintain good working relationship with district authorities in conjunction with the Centre Manager and provide Feedback to the Centre Manager on outcomes of such meetings.
• Ensure that team members are updated on new drugs and technological and SRH developments.
• Work hand in hand with the Centre Manager for technical support, clinical updates and daily running of the centre.
• Participate in district training where appropriate and inform the Centre Manager of additional skills gained or required by team members.
• Develop and implement work plan activities in consultation and collaboration with the Centre Manager.
• Support the Centre Manager in ensuring that all team members contribute creatively, meaningfully and actively to the development and implementation of the work plans.
• Assist with the development of effective client referral network to the centres through training and feedback on performance of MSU CHWs.
Professional and Ethical Conduct:
• Observe the relevant code of conduct for Clinical Officers in Uganda in regard to professional and ethical conduct.
• Provide Clinical care that is to the highest standard and safety. Competent management of medical emergencies and appropriate referral is paramount.
• In liaison with the Centre Manager monitor team performance and immediately address breaches of professional and ethical conduct.
• Dress smartly and wear either the MSU uniform or white coat while on duty.
• Perform any other work-related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications for US Embassy Uganda Jobs 2022:
• Diploma in Clinical Medicine and Community Health
• 2 years active service in a Clinical setting
• Valid Medical Practising Licence
• Computer Literacy (MS Packages)
All those interested in working with us should visit our careers page for available opportunities.
Closing Date: 8th September 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.