VPP Project Assistant – FAO Uganda
Job Title: VPP Project Assistant
Organization: FAO Uganda
Duty Station: Uganda
To support the critical role played by Veterinary Paraprofessionals (VPPs) in delivering essential animal health services and improve their requisite technical and business skills in key geographies of Africa enabling business environments are needed for the provision of these services, supplies, and knowledge for smallholder farmers (SHFs).
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Support the organization, delivery and reporting of virtual and face-to-face events as well as in-field missions in line with FAO rules and regulations and in close cooperation and under the guidance of FAO Uganda’s operational and administrative personnel Support the national coordinator to ensure project activities are timely implemented including work-plan monitoring, reporting and formulation
• Take minutes of important meetings, proofread documentation, and prepare draft reports in accordance with EuFMD guidelines
• Under the supervision of the EuFMD Communications team, assist the National Coordinator in the development of communications products, including PPTs, social media and other visibility products related to the VPP project
• Support the national coordinator in monitoring and evaluation (M&E) activities
• Facilitate easy collection and organised storage of such data emanating from VPP training institutions, VPPs, third party organisations and relevant stakeholders.
• Support liaison with partners and relevant stakeholders
• Organise and coordinate operational and logistics team activities in line with FAO rules and regulations and in close cooperation and under the guidance of the Operations Specialist, the Procurement Unit and the Transport Unit
• Provide overall support to the VPP Project implementation team
• Undertake other relevant tasks mutually as agreed with the National coordinator
Minimum Qualifications for this job:
• University Degree in Animal Health and Production or similar
• At least 2 years of proven experience in the management of animal and public health sectors;
• National or resident of Uganda
• Working knowledge of EnglishDemonstrated knowledge on animal health and production
• Extent and relevance of experience in delivering essential animal health services
• Good knowledge of MS Office applications, Internet and office technology equipment.
Qualifying applicants should submit their applications online through the portal below:
Closing Date: September 17th 2022 at 5:00pm.
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.