Graduate ICT Intern – WFP Uganda
Job Title: Business Support Assistant (IT Solutions Developer) Intern
Organization: World Food Programme (WFP)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
This position is in the Digital Assistance Services team of the TEC unit and the incumbent will assist the business transformation officer to continue the UGCO digital transformation journey by deploying appropriate digital technologies to support the programme and realize the objectives and outcomes of the country strategic plan by maximizing the value brought by IT digital solutions through understanding business and end-user requirements, suggesting solutions, prioritizing the work to be done and overseeing implementation. The position aims for IT digital solutions which achieve the highest quality in terms of technical usability, user acceptability, and domain suitability.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Work with and analyze data; comfortable using data software (e.g., Tableau, MS Excel, Microsoft Power BI, SPSS etc.) to conduct analyses and relate the findings to challenge at hand.
- Understand CO business needs collect business requirements and suggest technical solutions. Test and analyze Digital Assistance Services (DAS) solutions and document the match against business requirements for quality and accuracy.
- Simplify business processes by suggesting application of appropriate digital automations where applicable.
- Supporting appropriate IT assessments to assist informed DAS related operational decision making.
- Develop software solutions using WFP approved languages within Field Software Development Network Guidelines. Motivation to learn and develop a skill set is a plus. (Server-side – Python : Django/Flask/Pyramid, PHP: Zend Framework, Front-end – React, Content Management – Drupal, Databases: SQL, MariaDB/MySQL, PostgreSQL, DevOps – Docker, or similar).
- Map existing data infrastructures, data sources, data flows, and preparing raw data from these multiple sources for analysis.
- Provide helpdesk and maintenance support.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications for this job:
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Software Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, or a related field
- Knowledge and hands on experience of relationship database management system (RDBMS) such as SQL, Postgre SQL, MySQL and Microsoft SQL server.
- Knowledge and hands on experience of reporting data analytics tools such as Tableau and Power BI is a plus.
- Demonstrated hands-on experience designing and implementing business solutions using web-based and mobile technologies
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong client service skills, and the ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with WFP, business owners and users
- Fluency in oral and written English.
Applications from interested applicants must be made online via the link below:
Closing Date: Friday 23rd September 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.