2 Alevel Drivers – Uganda Coffee Development Authority
Job Title: 2 Drivers
Organization: Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
To drive UCDA vehicles for conveyance of employees and visitors,materials and equipment to their intended destinations, and ensure their safety.
Roles and Responsibilities:
1. Provide safe and efficient transportation to the UCDA employees and visitors
• Check vehicle to ensure that it is clean.
• Drive employees and visitors to their intended destinations and ensure thatpassengers adhere to safety measures.
• Ensure that the vehicle is under insurance cover.
• Observe and comply with all relevant Road safety and traffic laws andregulations
2. Routine vehicle inspection and repairs
• Check vehicle for mechanical condition before starting any journey andperform routine vehicle inspection and maintenance including checkingthe oil, fuel, brakes, lights, windshield wipers, water, tire pressures etc.
• Ensure safe custody of vehicles and tools.
• Diagnose and carry out minor repairs and adjustments,
• Initiate requests for procurement of vehicle servicing and preparedocumentation necessary for servicing or repairs.
• Report to the Supervisor all problems on check including servicing,maintenance and when major repairs are required.
4. Record keeping
• Maintain records and reports of work, repairs, accidents, incidents, andunusual occurrences.
• Record and maintain vehicle travel records in the log book, and ensure thatthey are authorized by the relevant supervisor.
• Ensure that the driving license is up to date.
Minimum Qualifications for this job:
• Minimum of Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE) or its equivalent,
• A certificate in defensive driving is an added advantage.
• A certificate in motor vehicle mechanics is an added advantage.
• At least three years of working experience in a similar or related position
• Valid Driving Permit for Classes B and C/C1.
• Computer literacy.
• High level of integrity, resilience, and reliability
• Excellent time management.
Applications from interested applicants must be made online by using the link below:
Closing Date: 19th September 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.