Storekeeper – U.S Embassy Kampala
Job Title: Storekeeper (Expendables)
Organization: U.S. Embassy Kampala
Duty Station: Kampala
The incumbent is expected to operate independently with daily check ins with the supervisor and occasional guidance on projects, policy, and procedures.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Records Management – 50%
• Incumbent maintains a running record of all supplies in the expendable warehouse. Handles all expendable requests for office and maintenance supplies. Is responsible for the movement of supplies in and out of the supplies store ensuring appropriate personnel sign approvals and receipts of goods.
Warehouse management – 30%
• Keeps supplies and the warehouse in a clean, tidy and orderly fashion and is responsible for receiving, packing and storing of new stock. Must have knowledge of the location of all supplies in the warehouse and forward all issuance forms to the General Services Clerk daily.
• Ensures timely responses to all in-coming requests; certifies that all necessary information has been entered on the request form and is responsible for all the necessary documentation needed for the disposal of outdated stock.
Inventory Management – 20%
• Conducts annual inventory to help ensure that all items are stored properly, no missing items and no safety or fire hazards exist. During the inventory period, helps the inventory clerks in counting and reconciliation of stock. Assists in arranging items for sale and disposal.
Minimum Qualifications for this job:
• General knowledge of local commodities market for procurement of expendable supplies on the local market is required.
• Must have general knowledge of logistics and inventory management and warehousing best practices as they apply to the Expendables property section.
• Incumbent must have a good working knowledge of Department of State and/or associated Agency supply instructions and procedures which apply to storekeeping.
• Completion of secondary school (O & A Level) is required.
• On the job training
• 40 hours of PA563- Property Management and Warehouse Workshop
• 4 days of PA500-ILMS Expendables Management Overseas
• Successful completion of SMITH System Defensive Training
• Two years of clerical and warehouse store operations is required.
Applications should be made online via the link below:
Closing Date: 23rd September 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.