Finance Assistant – Medical Teams International
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Organization: Medical Teams International
Duty Station: Moyo District
Provides support in the implementation of internal controls for processing project-level transactions in accordance with GAAP, MTI Finance Manual and donor requirements.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• To ensure all payment requisitions presented to him/her are fully authorized in line with the MTI finance manual, and deductions are calculated accurately before payment is made.
• Review receipts, expenditures, purchase orders, distributions, and disbursement orders to ensure proper cost allocations and compliance with established regulatory standards.
• Ensure a complete and accurate record of all cash transactions is always maintained; that expenditure of petty cash is fully monitored; and requests for replenishment are made in a timely manner, when required
• He/she is responsible for vouchers in archives in both unit4 folder and hard copies for future references before being sent to country office. After verification reviews he/she will ensure that they get returned to their archives.
• Ensure that all vouchers are properly coded, stamped PAID, scanned uploaded to unit4 and hard copies filed daily, and referenced sequentially according to the MTI Finance manual
• Support in preparation of project financial reports by summarizing all the vouchers correctly and submitting according to the MTI policy
• Provide technical support to non-finance staff on financial policies and procedures
• Verify with Logistics Department that the asset register agrees with physical assets and complies with MTI policy
• Participate in preparation of annual cash flows and budget requirements.
• Liaise with supervisors and managers to collect timesheets
Minimum Qualifications for this job:
• Bachelors degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration (Accounting) is required;
• 2 years of work experience in Finance & Accounting
• INGO experience will be an added advantage
• Basic knowledge of non-profit accounting
• Knowledge of ERP systems and computerized accounting software such as Sage, Unit4, etc.
• Skilled in using ERP system to process financial transactions
• Skilled in explaining financial procedures to non-finance staff
• A good command of both written and spoken English, with strong interpersonal skills
All interested applicants should submit their applications online via the link below:
Closing Date: 2nd October 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.