Business Support Assistant (Crisis Response) – WFP Uganda
Job Title: Business Support Assistant (Crisis Response)
Organization: World Food Programme
Duty Station: Kampala
The Intern will provide support to the Crisis Resposnse Unit programme activities that effectively meet food and cash assistance needs including through in-kind food assistance, cash-based transfer programming, sustainable food systems and market access in target refugee settlements.
Roles and responsibilities
- Contribute to preparing briefs, presentations and reports on the CO Emergency Preparedness and Response, supporting the EPR taskforce coordination as well as working closely with the field offices.
- Provide administrative support to the Inter-agency Food Security Sector coordination ensuring timely information management.
- Conduct desk research, reviews and analyses of key documents relating to phase III refugee assistance prioritization and Emergency Preparedness activities.
- Support information management activities (build/update a repository of key documents, liaise with other teams to compile lessons learned and recommendations to improve programme implementation.
- Develop a tracking tool to monitor CRU oversight/audit recommendations implementation, etc.
- Support resource management ensuring efficient monitoring to prevent and address pipeline breaks and maximize operational effectiveness.
- Support administrative processes to ensure the effective implementation of Field Level Agreements (FLAs) in consultation with AOs and current and prospective partners.
- Support and participate in CP budget review meetings at the Country Office level and in consultation with the Field/Area Offices.
- Support the consultant in the Review of the Multiyear Strategic Partnership Approach.
- Review program activity data by implementing partner/site/district/sub-office and region, compile and analyse information and prepare periodic and ad hoc reports, to support the accuracy and efficiency of information presented to internal and external stakeholders.
- In collaboration with the Cash Based Transfer (CBT) team, support the coordination of Financial literacy trainings in target refugee settlements.
- Support CBT expansion activities in target refugee settlements including multi-sectoral assessments.
- Participate in Cash Working Group (CWG) meetings both internal and external.
- Support in CBT digitisation including piloting of new digital cash delivery mechanisms in target refugee settlement.
- Support Digital Financial Inclusion (DFI) and Women Economic Empowerment (WEE) activities in targeted refugee settlements.
- Perform any other tasks as required
Minimum Qualifications for this job:
- Completion of a first University degree in one of the following disciplines: Food Science, Nutrition, Economics, Statistics or Management Information Systems from a recognized university. within 6 months period at the time of taking up the internship, if selected.
- Programme Lifecycle & Food Assistance: Demonstrates ability to identify key variables and contextual factors that affect food assistance problemsand programmes throughout the lifecycle to inform quality programme design or re-design.
- Transfer Modalities (Food, Cash, Vouchers): Demonstrates ability to implement, under guidance, food assistance programmes deploying the full range of transfer modalities with an understanding of basic principles guiding modality selection and implementation.
- Broad Knowledge of Specialized Areas: Understands basic technical concepts and data and their relevance to food assistance programmes.
- Excellent analytical and writing skills, as well as strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and pressure.
- Basic Information technolology/computer skillsProficient reporting writing skills.
- – knowledge and experience in MS Office, Stata, SPSS
- – Knowledge in SQL, R, Python is desirable.
- Fluency in oral and written English, including strong writing skills
Interested candidates should submit their applications using the links below:
Closing Date: 7th October 2022, 5.00 pm.
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.
Get Email Job Updates
Search Jobs Here
Most Popular Jobs
- Nutrition Assistant – DanChurchAid (DCA) Uganda
- IT Assistant – Reach Out Mbuya
- Graduate Management Trainee – Airtel Uganda
- Administrative Assistant – MRC/UVRI
- Banking Officer – Yako Bank (U) Limited
- Mota-Engil Africa Jobs 2022 – Transport Supervisor
- Uganda Embassy in UAE Jobs – Consular Assistant
- SolarNow Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Sales Engineer
- Save the Children Uganda Jobs 2022 – Awards Coordinator
- IDI Uganda Jobs 2022 – Fresher Graduate Trainee Intern
Categories: Jobs In Uganda
- Accounting Jobs In Uganda (495)
- Administration & Secretarial Jobs In Uganda (1,281)
- Agricultural Jobs In Uganda (156)
- Auditing Jobs In Uganda (107)
- Aviation Jobs In Uganda (47)
- Banking Jobs In Uganda (394)
- Beauty and Saloon Jobs In Uganda (2)
- Building and Construction Jobs In Uganda (2)
- Business & Development Jobs In Uganda (297)
- Call Centre Jobs In Uganda (35)
- Career Advice (12)
- Catering Jobs In Uganda (23)
- Communications Jobs In Uganda (103)
- Counselling Jobs In Uganda (45)
- Customer Care Jobs In Uganda (116)
- Data Collection Entry and Analysis Jobs In Uganda (359)
- Debt Collection Jobs In Uganda (23)
- Driving Jobs In Uganda (179)
- Economist Jobs in Uganda (6)
- Education Teaching and Lecturing Jobs In Uganda (137)
- Embassy Jobs In Uganda (67)
- Engineering Jobs In Uganda (370)
- Entrepreneurship (2)
- Environment Jobs in Uganda (71)
- Fashion Design Jobs (3)
- Fast Food & Restaurant Jobs (9)
- Field Jobs in Uganda (316)
- Finance Jobs (682)
- Food Science and Nutrition Jobs in Uganda (92)
- Freelancing Jobs (2)
- Front Desk Jobs in Uganda (82)
- Geoscience Jobs in Uganda (5)
- Graduate Trainee Jobs in Uganda (394)
- Graphics & Design Jobs (10)
- Guidance & Counseling Jobs (17)
- Health & Safety Jobs in Uganda (63)
- Hospitality & Tourism Jobs in Uganda (42)
- Hotel Jobs (18)
- Human Resource Jobs in Uganda (222)
- Human Rights Jobs (27)
- ICT and Computer Jobs (482)
- Insurance Jobs in Uganda (85)
- Internal Audit Jobs in Uganda (30)
- Internships & Trainings in Uganda (533)
- Laboratory Jobs in Uganda (116)
- Land Surveying Jobs (2)
- Legal Jobs (121)
- Manufacturing Jobs (27)
- Marketing Jobs (144)
- Media and Mass Communications Jobs (68)
- Medical & Health Jobs In Uganda (459)
- Micro finance Jobs in Uganda (132)
- Monitoring and Evaluation Jobs in Uganda (250)
- NGO Jobs in Uganda (2,573)
- No Experience Jobs in Uganda (631)
- Nursing Jobs in Uganda (27)
- Oil and Gas Jobs (12)
- Part Time Jobs in Uganda (40)
- Pharmacy Jobs in Uganda (22)
- Procurement & Supply Chain Jobs in Uganda (215)
- Projects Management Jobs in Uganda (312)
- Public Relations Jobs in Uganda (13)
- Quality Assurance (4)
- Real Estate Jobs in Uganda (5)
- Receptionist Jobs in Uganda (64)
- Records Library and Document Control Jobs (91)
- Research Jobs In Uganda (125)
- Sales and Marketing Jobs in Uganda (325)
- Scholarships for Ugandans (10)
- Social Work Jobs in Uganda (265)
- Sports Jobs (1)
- Statistics Job in Uganda (73)
- Stores Management Jobs in Uganda (103)
- Supervisor Jobs (3)
- Taxation Jobs in Uganda (16)
- Telecom Jobs in Uganda (29)
- Translator Jobs (3)
- Transport and Logistics Jobs in Uganda (150)
- Typing jobs (2)
- Uganda Government jobs (299)
- UN jobs in Uganda (411)
- Uncategorized (321)
- Veterinary Jobs in Uganda (4)
- Volunteer jobs in Uganda (89)