Business Support Assistant (Finance) – WFP Uganda
Job Title: Business Support Assistant (Finance) SSA3
Organization: World Food Programme
Duty Station: Kampala
The Intern will support the VAT claims process to ensure the compilation of relevant support documentation and timely submission of VAT Claims to URA. The Intern will also support other finance unit functions including petty cash processing, filing and payment documentation etc. The intern will be exposed to all the various finance functions to obtain a good understanding of the entire finance process at WFP.
Roles and responsibilities
- Support the Compilation and filing of the documentation required for the monthly Diplomatic Value Added tax (VAT) Claims to URA. This will consist of the compilation of original receipts or proof of payments and invoices for URA for verification.
- Support the process to compile documentation for the Cooperating Partners (CPs) 2019 to 2021 VAT claims from URA in order to make a claim for the VAT paid by the CPs under the Field Level Agreements (FLA) during this period.
- Perform administrative duties related to the monitoring, recording and processing of the VAT and Excise Duty refunds.
- Generate listings of vendor invoices approved in the Invoice Tracking System (ITS) and review them for VAT compliance before payment processing.
- Support other finance functions including Petty Cash and Routine Payment Processing, etc. to obtain an overall understanding of the WFP UGCO finance unit processes. This will consist of filing documents to evidence payments and review, documentation to ensure completeness of records and administrative support to the other finance unit staff.
- Provide administrative support to programmatic activities and events ensuring that there is sufficient accountability for the resources advanced for these activities/events.
- Perform other general administrative duties as assigned by the supervisor e.g., filing, maintenance of physical and electronic support documentation, facilitation and support to visiting oversight, audit, or other internal and external teams conducting official WFP activities, etc
Minimum Qualifications for this job:
- Should have educational credentials from Ugandan institutions certified by the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organization (UNESCO).
- Be enrolled in an undergraduate programme from a recognized university in Uganda and completed at least two years of the programme. and attended classes in the past 12 months.
- Be enrolled in a graduate programme from a recognized university in Uganda and have attended classes in the past 12 months.
- Be a recent graduate from a bachelor’s or master’s programme from a recognized university in Uganda within the last 2years prior to the application for the internship programme. Recent graduates should have a first class or second-class degree in a relevant programme to the activities of WFP Uganda Country Office and a valid National Identity Card of Uganda.
- Be fluent in English (both oral and written) and medically fit to travel and work at a duty station of the internship across WFP Uganda CO.
- Not be an immediate family member or relative of WFP employees
Interested candidates should submit their applications using the links below:
Closing Date: 7th October 2022, 5.00 pm.
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.