Human Resource Assistant – GiveDirectly Uganda
Job Title: Human Resource Assistant
Duty Station: Kampala
The Human Resource Assistant will be a key member of the Human Resource team. The role will act as the liaison between HR and employees, ensuring smooth communication and prompt resolution of requests and questions. You’ll also assist in creating policies, processes, and documents.
GiveDirectly (GD) aims to reshape international giving – and millions of lives – by providing cash grants directly to the poorest people in the world. The Brookings Institution estimates that $100B of cash transfers would be required to eliminate the poverty gap; the aid sector currently spends $135B each year, much of it on evidence-free interventions. GiveDirectly wants to change that, establishing cash transfers as a benchmark for foreign aid – as the index fund is a benchmark for the financial industry – and in the process accelerating the end of extreme poverty.
Roles and responsibilities
- Minimum 2 years generalist HR experience preferably gained within the NGO sector
- Relevant post graduate degree in HR or a related field of study is an added advantage
- Prior experience in HR operations and knowledge of best practices
- Familiarity with current employment laws and regulations and their application
- Hands on experience with HR software (HRIS)
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Proficiency in G-suite will be an added advantage
Minimum Qualifications for this job:
- Assist with day to day operations of the HR functions and duties
- Provide administrative support to Human Resources Manager
- Compile and update employee records (hard and soft copies)
- Process documentation and prepare reports relating to staff activities (staffing, recruitment, training, grievances, performance evaluations etc.
- Coordinate HR projects (meetings, training, surveys etc.) and take minutes
- Deal with employee requests regarding human resources issues, rules, and regulations
- Assist in payroll preparation by providing relevant data (absences, bonus, leaves, etc.)
- Properly handle complaints and grievance procedures
- Coordinate communication with candidates and schedule interviews
- Conduct initial orientation to newly hired employees
- Contribute to the development, implementation and training of core HR initiatives
- Provide support to employees in various HR-related topics such as leaves and compensation and resolve any issues that may arise
- Assist in the development of policies, guidelines, and tools to support managers throughout an employees life cycle
- Gather and analyze data with useful HR metrics, like time to hire and employee turnover rates
- Keep abreast with new trends and best practices in the field
- Liaise with third-party vendors such as insurance providers, suppliers etc.
Interested candidates should submit their applications using the links below:
Closing Date: Open until filled.
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.