15 Project Assistants – Lutheran World Federation
Job Title: 15 Project Assistants
Organization: Lutheran World Federation
Duty Station: Kampala, Mukono, Wakiso, Mityana, Mpigi and Kyenjojo
Roles and responsibilities
- Undertake the implementation of all project activities in the target communities and ensure quality and integrity of implementation, including adherence to technical guidelines, administrative systems, and established guidelines for managing the project;
- Participate in the design and implementation of SBC strategies/plan at sub-county and parish level for purposes of increasing awareness on EVD;
- In close collaboration with community leaders, VHTs and relevant stakeholders, take lead in community mobilisation for SBC initiatives;
- In liaison with the project officer, develops activity concept notes for planned activities;
- Provides day-to-day coordination of project activities to ensure timely implementation;
- Organize and participate in conducting community awareness and sensitizations session through dialogues, mass sensitisation, outreaches, etc.
- Assess and facilitate capacity-strengthening initiatives for the health workers, village health teams/community health workers and target community leaders involved in SBC activities;
- Responsible for proving proof of implementation of project activities through generating participants’ attendance list, distribution lists and activity reports after every activity implementation,
- Prepares and submits quality and timely end of activity and monthly narrative reports in standard reporting formats;
- Participate in the collection, review and reporting of data related to project activities and outputs.
- Regularly conduct follow up visits to project beneficiaries and the key stakeholders to monitor changes in the social norm and perceptions bout EVD and provide feedback on issues raised by the community from time to time.
Minimum Qualifications for this job:
- Applicants must possess A Bachelor’s Degree in Community Psychology, Public health, Community Health Education, Community and Development Studies, Social sciences, or any related field.
- At least 1-2 years of experience in implementing community-based initiatives with more focus on community mobilization and capacity building, coordination with line agencies, Health and education institutions, and other development agencies; knowledge of Gender and SGBV concepts as preferred;
- Prior experience working in Health-related projects especially vaccine/immunization campaign is preferred; exhibits maturity and discretion,
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills;
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to speak at least one of the local languages of the target population is a must.
Interested candidates should submit their applications online via the link below:
Applications should address their application to:
LWF Uganda Office of Human Resources
Plot 1401, Ggaba Road, Nsambya
P.O.Box 5827 Kampala, Uganda.
Closing Date: 20th October 2022.
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.