Assistant Election Officer (Finance) – Electoral Commission Uganda
Job Title: Assistant Election Officer (Finance)
Organization: Electoral Commission Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala
Roles and responsibilities
- Process and oversee financial transactions such as accounts payable, vouchers and accounts receivables;
- Manage the flow and filing of records in the Finance Department to ensure timely, accurate and appropriate information is available and reported;
- Verification of financial and other data like Tax Identification Numbers, Suppler Numbers, Bank Account Numbers and Employee Numbers to ensure accuracy and updated records;
- Tracking and monitoring financial transactions;
- Act as a liaison officer with the Treasury Department and Bank of Uganda in regard to the Commission accounts;
- Reporting financial discrepancies, errors, and customer complaints to the supervisor.
- Compiling financial reports, statements, and other documents, as needed.
- Any other official duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Minimum Qualifications for this job:
- A Diploma in Business Studies or Accounting and Finance or Business Administration or any other business related diploma obtained from a recognized institution.
- High moral character and integrity;
- Mathematically and analytically minded and demonstrate accuracy in work;
- Good verbal and written communication skills;
- Good customer care and interpersonal skills;
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications (MS Word, Excel and Internet);
- Ability to work under tight deadlines.
- Knowledge of accounting and bookkeeping processes and be able to quickly identify financial discrepancies.
- Twenty (20) years and above.
Interested candidates should submit their applications with comprehensively typed CVs showing the applicant’s contact address with day time telephone numbers, addresses and daytime telephone numbers of three referees, copies of certified academic transcripts and certificates should be sent to:
The Human Resource Office/Central Registry, or mailed to the address indicated below,
The Secretary, Electoral Commission
P.O. Box 22678
Envelopes should be clearly marked at the top with the words “Application for the
post of ………….”
Closing Date: not later than Friday 18th November, 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.