Senior Operations Assistant – IOM Uganda
Job Title: Senior Operations Assistant (Field Support)
Organization: International Organization for Migration (IOM)
Duty station: Entebbe
Roles and responsibilities:
- Coordinate a team or teams of up to a total of eight staff members undertaking field activities in an assigned area or areas, such as at an airport, transit center, third-party facility, camp-based operation or sub-office, or in relation to transportation.
- Coordinate the efficient and effective management of airport services, including care and verification of travel documentation; assistance with airport formalities; escorts for arriving and departing individuals.
- Coordinate staff as they assist individuals at transit centers or third-party facilities throughout their stay. Coordinate with the Operations Associate (Field Support) to maintain an organized flow of individuals and their luggage through arrival and departure procedures at the facility
- Coordinate timely and adequate services for meals, snacks and water for individual staying at Transit Centers, third-party facilities or during transit in airports and other locations, ensuring staff members work closely with the service provider
- Coordinate pre-departure formalities including but not limited to travel loans, luggage, prohibited items, bag tags and clothing/shoes.
- Supervise the coordination of transportation from consolidation points, transit centers and third-party facilities, including liaising with service providers, supervising staff as they ensure the identity verification, readiness and organization of individuals being transported, and preparing and supervising relevant briefings.
- University degree in Political or Social Sciences, Education or a related field from an accredited academic institution with four years of relevant professional experience;
- OR High school diploma with six years of relevant professional experience.
- Prior Movement Operations, transportation-related and/or management experience a strong advantage.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a variety of stakeholders;
- Experience in leading interactive training seminars or orientation sessions for youth and adults.
- Excellent planning, organizational and time management skills;
- Solid computer skills, including proficiency in MS Office Packages (Office, Excel, Power Point, SharePoint, Outlook)
- Fluency in English
- Working Knowledge of French is advantageous
Interested candidates should submit their applications online via the email below:
IOM will only accept applications that should include a cover letter (not more than one page) and résumé highlighting the required education and experience.
Reference Number and Position Title: VN/UG/023/2022 – Senior Operations Assistant (Field Support) should be specified in the SUBJECT field.
Closing Date: 12th December 2022.
For similar Jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.