Finance Assistant – University Research Co
Job Title: Finance Assistant
Organization: University Research Co (URC) Uganda
Duty station: Kampala
Roles and responsibilities:
- Work closely with the finance officers in preparing monthly financial reports for timely submission to the home office. This includes but is not limited to Cost Point (CP) posting, preparing monthly bank reconciliations, mobile money reconciliations, staff advances reconciliations etc.
- Verify payment documentation for adequacy and completeness before posting to CP.
- Process per diems and other travel advances for project related work.
- Together with the finance team, ensure that all costs in the project adhere to USAID/URC regulations, and are allowable, reasonable, and allocable.
- Assist Finance Officer in addressing all monthly field report review comments from home office including providing feedback for missing vouchers and outstanding information following review of payment documentation.
- Assist Finance Officer in preparation of monthly cash projections for submission to home office.
- Receive & prepare journals to reconcile staff advances / accountabilities before being reviewed by the Regional Finance & Admin Manager
- Preparation and continuous update of the vendor tracker as per guidelines/ requirements by Contracts department.
- Assist in the updating of the Excel cash book to enable timely preparation and submission of weekly cash balance to home office.
- Ensure all financial documents, journals and payment vouchers are filed in a timely manner.
- Monthly scanning of all payment vouchers and journals and uploading them on OneDrive. Assist with the maintenance of a proper filing system for all financial reports, field wire requests, bank reconciliations; field accounts review certifications and other finance documentation.
- Assist Finance Officer in ensuring that sub grantee accountabilities and reconciliations are properly documented and journalized in CP.
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or related field.
- At least 1 year of experience in accounting and general financial management.
- Excellent written and oral communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Attention to detail, ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
- At least 1 year experience with Cost Point
Interested applicants should send their applications online via the link below:
Closing Date: 05 January 2023
For similar Jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.