7 Stores Assistants – University Research Co (URC) Uganda
Job Title: 7 Stores Assistants
Organization: University Research Co (URC) Uganda
Duty station: Jinja, Gulu, Lira, Mbarara, Mbale, Kabale and Moroto
Roles and responsibilities:
- Liaise with procurement to receive purchased stock for all general office supplies and ensures safe custody and proper use and maintenance of office supplies.
- Responsible for the stores’ organization; s/he will receive, issue, and ensure all inventory in the stores is safe and adequately recorded daily.
- Oversee the regular upkeep and maintenance of the store, ensuring the availability of an adequate amount of office stationery, cleaning material and other goods in the stores.
- In collaboration with the Project Finance team, coordinate payment of goods and services upon receipt of invoices in accordance with URC policies and ensure compliance with USAID financial and procurement policies and procedures.
- Ensure compliance with stock management procedures (records, filing and identification).
- Take stock of, and order offer consumables, including stationary, cleaning supplies and kitchen materials.
- Keep a database of all received and dispatched commodities and supplies to supported facilities.
- Ensure proper identification of all arrival/departure material (quantity, quality, and delivery).
- Ensure correct preparation of deliveries as per allocations from the program staff.
- Ensure proper physical stock management requirements (organization, cleaning, ventilation).
- Follow up with special attention to the expiry date of commodities and warn the concerned persons two months before expiry date.
- Conduct monthly inventory counts of stock and ensure that stock cards are created, up-to-date, and accurate.
- Prepare all consignment and shipping documents (delivery note, waybill etc.) to be transported to the various supported facilities.
- Ensure safe preparation and loading of cargo onto transportation vehicles.
- Assist in equipment and asset stock inventory when needed.
- Oversee repairs and maintenance of the office premises, including compound cleaning, indoor repairs, and routine maintenance.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by supervisor and other senior staff
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- Completed secondary education with a UACE certificate
- A diploma in Stores Management or equivalent course will be an advantage.
- At least three years’ relevant work experience in a similar position in an NGO setting.
Interested applicants should send their applications online via the link below:
Closing Date: 05 January 2023
For similar Jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.