30 Graduate Economists – Ministry Of Finance
Job Title: 30 Graduate Economists
Organization: Ministry Of Finance, Planning, And Economic Development
Duty Station: Kampala
Duration: Contract for two (2) years effective 1st July 2023
As part of the reforms, a Graduate Economists scheme is in place to strengthen the planning and budgeting function in ministries, departments, agencies and Local Governments (MDALGs); and also serve as a capacity building programme for young economists. It is also meant to provide opportunities for possible entry into the mainstream Civil Service.
The Ministry of Finance, Planning and Economic Development requires the services of qualified individuals to fill the following positions under REAP.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Design and formulation of Sector policies, strategies, plans and projects;
- Preparation and formulation of sector budgets and programmes in line with national strategic objectives;
- Analysis and interpretation of economic and sector data relevant for planning and budgeting purposes;
- Undertaking macro-economic analysis and forecasting;
- Coordinating the implementation of fiscal and monetary policies;
- Coordinating sectoral development plans;
- Undertaking monitoring and evaluation of the budget and producing budget analytical and performance reports;
- Conducting research and analysis on of sector issues to improve performance; and
- Any other related duties assigned by supervisors.
Minimum Qualifications & Skills
- An honors bachelor’s degree in Economics or Statistics a recognized institution.
- Computer literacy with knowledge in the use of Microsoft Office Applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Project).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to relate well with a multiplicity of stakeholders.
- Ugandan Nationals of not more than 30 years of age.
- A master’s degree in Finance, Economics, and Statistics, information and communications technology (ICT) or a related field is an added advantage.
Applications must include a cover letter, curriculum vitae, copy of certificates, National ID, and testimonials, and addressed as below and submitted online to:
The application should be addressed to:
The Under Secretary/Accounting Officer
Ministry of Finance, Planning, and Economic Development
Plot 2-8 Apollo Kaggwa Road
P O Box 8147
Tel: +256 414 707900
Attention: The Coordinator, REAP
Closing Date: 1700hrs on 3rd February 2023
For similar Jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.