2 Accounts Officers – URA SACCO
Job Title: 2 Accounts Officers
Organization: URA SACCO
Location: Kampala, Uganda
Roles and responsibilities
- Assists the Accountant to ensure that SACCO payments are processed on time.
- Verify payment schedules for any mistakes and compliance to SACCO policies.
- Ensure timely payments authorization by following up with account signatories.
- Secure signatures for cheques from authorized signatories and delivering them to respective banks.
- Completes weekly journals for posting.
- Assists the Accountant in the preparation of monthly bank and/or mobile money reconciliations.
- Obtains bank statements and compares with the SACCO records.
- Reconciles accounts payables.
- Obtains vendor statements and compares with SACCO transactions, identifies errors and passes journal entries for correction.
- Files statutory returns on time.
- Maintain and update the SACCO fixed asset register.
- Verifies the accuracy and authenticity of accountabilities.
- Identifies appropriate general ledger codes for expensing accountabilities.
- Performs periodic asset verifications and cash counts and stock counts at head office and/or other business centers.
- Ensures that all documents are archived and maintained in a safe and secure manner for the time periods specified by SACCO policies.
- The ideal candidate should hold a Bachelor of Commerce [Accounting] or Bachelor of Business Administration [Finance or Accounting] from a reputable Institution/University
- ACCA or CPA qualification (or in the process of being certified, Level 2 minimum)
- At least 2 years of progressively responsible experience in professional accounting or auditing.
How to apply
Interested applicants submit their applications online using the link below:
Application deadline: 17th March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
For similar Jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.