Counsellor – IDI Makerere
Job Title: Counsellor
Organization: IDI Makerere
Roles and responsibilities
- Support mentorship and training efforts to build capacity of facility teams to deliver high quality psycho-social support and care services to individuals infected and affected by HIV.
- Participate in team-based clinical care of TB and HIV/AIDS persons attending IDI-supported health facilities in line with standard treatment guidelines.
- Lead efforts in identification and linkage of new PLHIV through optimization of facility-based HTC activities, implementation of partner services, and through targeted community HTS initiatives.
- Support establishment and functionalization of psycho-social support groups including adolescent clubs, Sero-discordant couple clubs, and family support groups to strengthen adherence to HIV/AIDS treatment and to promote uptake of preventive service packages.
- Guide facility teams to deliver high quality HIV/AIDS care and preventive services for Key Populations using non-discriminatory gender-sensitive models.
- Participate in client education and facility sensitization to continuously build knowledge among patients attending IDI-supported health facilities.
- Participate in performance monitoring initiatives and routine data use activities at IDI- supported health facilities to guide implementation of project activities.
- Participate in identification, implementation and documentation of continuous quality improvement activities along the HIV continuum of response and along client care and treatment cascades.
- Participate in facility and community efforts to improve linkage, retention and viral suppression rates among clients in HIV care.
- Participate in compilation and submission of accurate facility HMIS and programmatic reports according to project, donor and Ministry of Health timelines.
- Any other duties as may reasonably be assigned from time to time.
- Degree in Social sciences, Education, SWASA or related field.
- Training in HIV Counselling and testing from Ministry of Health accredited institutions.
How to apply
Interested applicants should submit their CVs and applications online using the link below;.
Application deadline: 30th March 2023
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
For similar Jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.
Get Email Job Updates
Search Jobs Here
Most Popular Jobs
- Banking Officer – Yako Bank (U) Limited
- Graduate Logistics Safety Coordinator – Hima Cement Ltd
- IT Assistant – Reach Out Mbuya
- Front Desk Administrator – Total Energies
- Accounts Assistant – Armstrong Consulting Engineers
- Administrative Assistant – MRC/UVRI
- Graduate Management Trainee – Airtel Uganda
- Research Associate – The Share Trust
- Front Desk Agent – Mestil Hotel
- ALIGHT Uganda Jobs 2022 – No Experience Human Resource Intern
Categories: Jobs In Uganda
- Accounting Jobs In Uganda (495)
- Administration & Secretarial Jobs In Uganda (1,281)
- Agricultural Jobs In Uganda (156)
- Auditing Jobs In Uganda (107)
- Aviation Jobs In Uganda (47)
- Banking Jobs In Uganda (394)
- Beauty and Saloon Jobs In Uganda (2)
- Building and Construction Jobs In Uganda (2)
- Business & Development Jobs In Uganda (297)
- Call Centre Jobs In Uganda (35)
- Career Advice (12)
- Catering Jobs In Uganda (23)
- Communications Jobs In Uganda (103)
- Counselling Jobs In Uganda (45)
- Customer Care Jobs In Uganda (116)
- Data Collection Entry and Analysis Jobs In Uganda (359)
- Debt Collection Jobs In Uganda (23)
- Driving Jobs In Uganda (179)
- Economist Jobs in Uganda (6)
- Education Teaching and Lecturing Jobs In Uganda (137)
- Embassy Jobs In Uganda (67)
- Engineering Jobs In Uganda (368)
- Entrepreneurship (2)
- Environment Jobs in Uganda (71)
- Fashion Design Jobs (3)
- Fast Food & Restaurant Jobs (9)
- Field Jobs in Uganda (316)
- Finance Jobs (682)
- Food Science and Nutrition Jobs in Uganda (91)
- Freelancing Jobs (2)
- Front Desk Jobs in Uganda (82)
- Geoscience Jobs in Uganda (5)
- Graduate Trainee Jobs in Uganda (393)
- Graphics & Design Jobs (10)
- Guidance & Counseling Jobs (17)
- Health & Safety Jobs in Uganda (62)
- Hospitality & Tourism Jobs in Uganda (42)
- Hotel Jobs (18)
- Human Resource Jobs in Uganda (222)
- Human Rights Jobs (27)
- ICT and Computer Jobs (482)
- Insurance Jobs in Uganda (85)
- Internal Audit Jobs in Uganda (30)
- Internships & Trainings in Uganda (533)
- Laboratory Jobs in Uganda (116)
- Land Surveying Jobs (2)
- Legal Jobs (121)
- Manufacturing Jobs (27)
- Marketing Jobs (144)
- Media and Mass Communications Jobs (68)
- Medical & Health Jobs In Uganda (459)
- Micro finance Jobs in Uganda (132)
- Monitoring and Evaluation Jobs in Uganda (250)
- NGO Jobs in Uganda (2,572)
- No Experience Jobs in Uganda (631)
- Nursing Jobs in Uganda (27)
- Oil and Gas Jobs (12)
- Part Time Jobs in Uganda (40)
- Pharmacy Jobs in Uganda (22)
- Procurement & Supply Chain Jobs in Uganda (215)
- Projects Management Jobs in Uganda (312)
- Public Relations Jobs in Uganda (13)
- Quality Assurance (3)
- Real Estate Jobs in Uganda (5)
- Receptionist Jobs in Uganda (64)
- Records Library and Document Control Jobs (91)
- Research Jobs In Uganda (125)
- Sales and Marketing Jobs in Uganda (325)
- Scholarships for Ugandans (10)
- Social Work Jobs in Uganda (264)
- Sports Jobs (1)
- Statistics Job in Uganda (73)
- Stores Management Jobs in Uganda (103)
- Supervisor Jobs (3)
- Taxation Jobs in Uganda (16)
- Telecom Jobs in Uganda (29)
- Translator Jobs (3)
- Transport and Logistics Jobs in Uganda (149)
- Typing jobs (2)
- Uganda Government jobs (299)
- UN jobs in Uganda (411)
- Uncategorized (321)
- Veterinary Jobs in Uganda (4)
- Volunteer jobs in Uganda (89)