Procurement Assistants – FHI 360 Uganda Jobs
Job Title: Procurement Assistants
Organization: FHI 360
Roles and responsibilities:
• In close cooperation with the Procurement Specialist and Procurement Officer, assist in organizing and coordinating the procurement activities to ensure timely action in all phases of implementation.
• Assist in preparation of bidding and other contract documents. iii. Support the Evaluation of Expression of Interest, Quotations, bids, and Proposal analysis in close consultation with Procurement Officer
• Assist in the verification of procurement requests in accordance with the approved procurement plan.
• Assist in monitoring the performance of contractors, suppliers,
• Arrange for pre-bid/Pre-proposal meetings, evaluation meetings contracts committee meetings and site meetings that have been scheduled.
• Facilitate bids/proposals receipt and opening and a record of opening signed and kept on file.
• Facilitate evaluation committees.
• Facilitate and ensure that submissions to the contracts committee are prepared and submitted two days before the meeting.
• Support in tracking expiry dates of contracts, bid securities advance payment guarantees and performance securities, advance payment guarantees and performance securities and ensure extension xi. Open up and update procurement files and records and ensure safe custody, easy access and retrieval.
• Facilitate in the preparation of monthly procurement progress reports
• Put together files for submission to Solicitor General for clearance.
• Raise call off orders for various goods and services under framework arrangement with the Ministry of Health. xv.Organize and keep procurement files, documents, contract information, and related procurement correspondence.
• The applicant should be in possession of a second upper Bachelor’s degree in any of the following fields: Procurement and Supply Chain Management, Logistics Management, Business Administration, Commerce or Business Studies.
• At least (1) year’s experience in the field of procurement in the; public sector or development sector/donor funded projects, and private sector.
• Demonstrated knowledge of procurement procedures of USAID, WHO, UNICEF, Global Fund, CDC will be an added advantage. Demonstrated knowledge of procurements in the public sector in line with PPDA Act and Regulations.
• Knowledge of the GOU laws, procedures, rules, and regulations. Must be able to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
• Proficiency in the use of Microsoft office i.e., excel, word processing and power point presentation.
• Demonstrable knowledge of e-GP and or IFMIS is key.
• Proven integrity and confidentiality in handling public resources and in executing duties
How To Apply:
Interested applicants should submit their applications together with Resume, Copies of Academic Certificates, and National ID to:
firstname.lastname@example.org as soon as possible indicating the title “Procurement Assistant” in the subject line.
Application Deadline: 29th May 2023
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position.
Don’t hesitate to get in touch with Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.