2 Community Liaison Officers – Seaowl Group
Job Position: 2 Community Liaison Officers
Organization: Seaowl Group
Duty station: Kampala
- Plan daily/weekly/monthly engagement based on need to deliver relational, operational and development focused engagement with community stakeholders, CSOs and local government in the Project Area of Influence, in the framework of establishing and maintaining trust-based relations.
- Organize individual, group and community meetings to inform, consult, and engage in a format appropriate for the purpose and cultural preferences.
- Support community meetings by preparing information packages, arranging venues, posting advertisements and collecting feedback forms.
- Identify and respect the needs of different stakeholder groups, especially vulnerable groups, and modify engagement approaches as appropriate.
- Ensure that the most appropriate information-sharing tools are used for different stakeholder groups, including vulnerable groups.
- Manage relational engagement (stakeholder mapping of administrative and traditional leaders, influencers and opinion leaders, service providers (health, education), focus groups (gender, youth, vulnerable people etc).
- Build awareness, knowledge and understanding of village and community demographics, priorities and concerns of different community groups.
- Identify and engage opinion leaders to support dissemination of reliable information to various audiences.;
- Promote awareness and understanding of project operational activities and their implications for communities.
- Identify opportunities to support initiatives benefiting the local communities and communicate them to their line manager.
- Clearly explain issues relating to safety, security and emergency risk and requisite precautions to community members.
- Assist all other project functions (Construction, Environment, Biodiversity, Social Performance) needs to engage with communities, local governments, civil society and tourism sector.
- Support management of the community commitments’ register.
- Assist land access, compensation and livelihood restoration related initiatives as the first point of contact as well as input into the processes to be aligned with in conjunction with stakeholders.
- Assist with any field visits organized by the Company or any of the JV partners.
- Facilitate construction phase activities, ensuring routine ooperational engagement ;
- Facilitate Contractors (including local recruitment process);
- Degree in Communications, Social sciences, Anthropology, Rural Development or related field
- Minimum 3 years’ experience working in rural communities in Uganda and preferably in the Albertine Area
- Experience of working within an organization that operates to a Code of Conduct or similar framework, as well as other corporate protocol regulations.
- Experience working within the construction projects in a social/community-related position.
- Experience working with community development programmes or related work (such as teaching), preferably in the local area.
- Recognized knowledge of community socio-economic and political matters; labor and working conditions; land access and resettlement; livelihood development
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to develop and maintain good relations with a wide range of stakeholders including local communities, NGOs, etc.
- Good negotiation and conflict management skills.
- Ability to assist with formal consultation processes, by supporting meetings, taking meetings notes and organizing information.
How to apply:
Please send your applications online
Deadline: Thursday, November 16, 2023
Are you struggling to put together a convincing application? Let us do that for you.
We will craft for you an eye-catching CV and cover letter in less than 24 hours to impress any employer.
Click on the link below to get started!
Search Jobs Here
Most Popular Jobs
- Banking Officers – Equity Bank
- UBOS Internship 2024
- Administrative Officer – UCA Uganda Jobs
- IT & Logistics Graduate Trainee – Mercy Corps
- Information Technology Intern – Uganda Airlines
- Marketing Assistant – Ultimate Gas Professionals
- Administrative Assistant – Heritage International School
- Accounts Payable Officer – Hariss International Riham
- Administration Assistant – Baylor College of Medicine
- Regional Communications Volunteer – IRC Uganda Jobs
Categories: Jobs In Uganda
- Accounting Jobs In Uganda (513)
- Administration & Secretarial Jobs In Uganda (1,308)
- Agricultural Jobs In Uganda (156)
- Auditing Jobs In Uganda (108)
- Aviation Jobs In Uganda (52)
- Banking Jobs In Uganda (403)
- Beauty and Saloon Jobs In Uganda (2)
- Building and Construction Jobs In Uganda (2)
- Business & Development Jobs In Uganda (300)
- Call Centre Jobs In Uganda (35)
- Career Advice (13)
- Catering Jobs In Uganda (26)
- Communications Jobs In Uganda (104)
- Counselling Jobs In Uganda (46)
- Customer Care Jobs In Uganda (119)
- Data Collection Entry and Analysis Jobs In Uganda (378)
- Debt Collection Jobs In Uganda (23)
- Driving Jobs In Uganda (179)
- Economist Jobs in Uganda (6)
- Education Teaching and Lecturing Jobs In Uganda (142)
- Embassy Jobs In Uganda (68)
- Engineering Jobs In Uganda (379)
- Entrepreneurship (2)
- Environment Jobs in Uganda (72)
- Fashion Design Jobs (3)
- Fast Food & Restaurant Jobs (9)
- Field Jobs in Uganda (327)
- Finance Jobs (703)
- Food Science and Nutrition Jobs in Uganda (94)
- Freelancing Jobs (2)
- Front Desk Jobs in Uganda (85)
- Geoscience Jobs in Uganda (5)
- Graduate Trainee Jobs in Uganda (422)
- Graphics & Design Jobs (10)
- Guidance & Counseling Jobs (17)
- Health & Safety Jobs in Uganda (65)
- Hospitality & Tourism Jobs in Uganda (44)
- Hotel Jobs (19)
- Human Resource Jobs in Uganda (226)
- Human Rights Jobs (28)
- ICT and Computer Jobs (499)
- Insurance Jobs in Uganda (86)
- Internal Audit Jobs in Uganda (31)
- Internships & Trainings in Uganda (566)
- Laboratory Jobs in Uganda (118)
- Land Surveying Jobs (2)
- Legal Jobs (122)
- Manufacturing Jobs (40)
- Marketing Jobs (146)
- Media and Mass Communications Jobs (70)
- Medical & Health Jobs In Uganda (467)
- Micro finance Jobs in Uganda (132)
- Monitoring and Evaluation Jobs in Uganda (254)
- NGO Jobs in Uganda (2,618)
- No Experience Jobs in Uganda (634)
- Nursing Jobs in Uganda (27)
- Oil and Gas Jobs (12)
- Part Time Jobs in Uganda (41)
- Pharmacy Jobs in Uganda (22)
- Procurement & Supply Chain Jobs in Uganda (219)
- Projects Management Jobs in Uganda (316)
- Public Relations Jobs in Uganda (13)
- Quality Assurance (6)
- Real Estate Jobs in Uganda (5)
- Receptionist Jobs in Uganda (65)
- Records Library and Document Control Jobs (93)
- Research Jobs In Uganda (136)
- Sales and Marketing Jobs in Uganda (329)
- Scholarships for Ugandans (10)
- Security Jobs in Uganda (1)
- Social Work Jobs in Uganda (270)
- Sports Jobs (1)
- Statistics Job in Uganda (78)
- Stores Management Jobs in Uganda (107)
- Supervisor Jobs (3)
- Taxation Jobs in Uganda (16)
- Telecom Jobs in Uganda (29)
- Translator Jobs (3)
- Transport and Logistics Jobs in Uganda (153)
- Typing jobs (2)
- Uganda Government jobs (300)
- UN jobs in Uganda (415)
- Uncategorized (324)
- Veterinary Jobs in Uganda (4)
- Volunteer jobs in Uganda (90)