IRC Uganda Jobs 2022 – WPE Protection House Skilling Officer
Job Title: WPE Protection House Skilling Officer – IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Bidibidi, Uganda
Reports to: WPE Program Manager
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Profile
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and helps people to survive and rebuild their lives. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40 countries and 22 U.S. cities, we restore safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure. The IRC leads the way from harm to home. The IRC has been working in Uganda since 1998 supporting IDPs, refugees and various institutions in the country notably the government, community based organizations, the civil society and the private sector. The current program portfolio in Uganda includes health, economic recovery and development, protection, and prevention and response to gender-based violence (GBV). IRC has its country office in Kampala and works in Yumbe/Bidibidi, Arua/Imvepi and Omugo, Terego/Rhino, Lamwo, Moroto , Kiryandongo, Kyegegwa/Kyaka and Kampala/Urban.
The Women’s Protection & Empowerment Skilling Officer support will lead skilling intervention at the Protection Houses(Females and Males) while providing extension services to the Women and Girls Safe spaces in the Zones as required by the supervisor. With direct supervision from the WPE manager, the WPE skilling Officer will ensure that the goals and objectives of the projects are met in a timely and effective manner. Specific responsibilities include oversight of skilling program at the Protection houses and occasionally extension technical support to skilling activities at the WGSS in the different Zones within Bidibidi to the Persons of concern.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Create functional or decorative objects by hand, using a variety of methods and materials and also describes how this is done
- Develop concepts or creative ideas for craft objects.
- Set specifications for materials, dimensions, and finishes.
- Sketch or draw objects to be crafted.
- Develop designs using specialized computer software
- Create prototypes or models of objects to be crafted.
- Fabricate patterns or templates to guide craft production including Cutting, shaping, fitting, join, mold, or otherwise process materials, using hand tools, power tools, and/or machinery.
- Select materials for use based on strength, color, texture, balance, weight, size, malleability and other characteristics.
- Apply finishes to objects being crafted.
- Research craft trends, venues, and customer buying patterns in order to inspire designs and marketing strategies.
- Develop product packaging, display and pricing strategies.
- Advertise products and work, using media such as internet advertising and brochures.
- Attend craft shows to market products.
- Confer with customers to assess customer needs or obtain feedback.
- Compile and submit weekly and monthly reports to the WPE manager
- Occasionally support life skills activities in the zones.
Minimum Qualifications for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
- Diploma in Craftsmanship, crocheting, knitting, Beading from Vocational institutions certified by DIT, and UBTEB or an equivalent.
- DIT certification and or work pass out by Directorate of industrial training in Crafts making, crocheting, knitting.
- Experience of 3 to 5 years in Crafts making, crocheting, knitting.
- Must demonstrate practical applications of skills in crafts making, crocheting, knitting.
- Ability to Use Crafts, crocheting and Knitting machines(manual and Electronics equipment)
- Ability to make minor repairs incase of machine breakdown is an added advantage
- Basic knowledge in bakery of snacks is an added advantage.
- Must speak and write local arabics, English, Kakwa and Lugbara.
- Female candidates and persons with disability are encouraged to apply. IRC is an organization that offer equal opportunities during application processes.
How To Apply for IRC Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Deadline: 23rd August 2022
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
Subscribe to Blog via Email
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.