Funding Source: UNHCR
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Field Program Coordinator
Humanitarian Initiative Just Relief Aid (HIJRA) is an international African humanitarian and development organization that positively contributes towards improving the living standards and conditions of those adversely affected by disasters and conflict in the Horn, East & Central Africa by implementing WASH, Health, Education, Livelihoods, Community service & development and Protection programs in the region for a period of more than 20 years.
About UNHCR Project:
HIJRA with funding from the UNHCR in Uganda is implementing a multi-sectoral Program for refugees in Oruchinga settlement (Isingiro district), Nakivale settlement (Isingiro district) and Nyakabande Transit Center (Kisoro district).
Job Summary: The Data Clerk will enter data that is used to generate weekly, monthly and quarterly reports for HIJRA activities in accordance with UNHCR guidelines and procedures. He/she will actively promote data quality data standards at all points of service delivery by ensuring the generation and submission of accurate, timely, valid data to inform on quality improvement and reporting.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Entry of data into the RIMS database for asylum seekers and persons subject to our mandate implies a review of all information contained in the registration form;
- Offer support in data collection and monitoring, as directed by the Reception Manager
- Receive and review raw data on the different program activities on a daily basis
- Responsible for receiving and dealing with enquiries and requests relating to data needs
- The incumbent also maintains the highest standards of data quality by comparing the data entered with source documents, or re-enters verified data.
- Responsible for data entry in a timely and accurate manner into the information system and assists in the compilation of statistical information for reports
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the HIJRA Data Clerk vacancy must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Computer Science/ Information Technology.
- Specialized training in data management, analysis and interpretation is an added advantage
- A minimum of two years’ experience in data management/similar job
- Good computer skills and knowledge of common Statistical analysis and database management packages Ms Access, Ms Excel, STATA, SPSS, EPiDATA
- Broad knowledge and understanding of computer data input equipment and error resolution in data entry
- Ability to work effectively in difficult situations
- Show commitment to refugees, flexibility and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Previous exposure and experience with the handling of confidential data and understanding of different methods of data collection
- Previous experience with the UN in general and knowledge of UNHCR operations is an asset.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send an application letter and Curriculum Vitae including telephone and email contacts of three referees including your current/most recent employer.
Application should be addressed to the:
Country Program Manager,
Humanitarian Initiative Just Relief Aid (HIJRA),
P.O. Box 37703, Kampala, Uganda.
Email to: email@example.com. The subject line should read: “Data Clerk.”
Deadline: 20th December 2016