Job Title: Information Technology (I.T.) OFFICER – Bank of Baroda Jobs 2020
Organization: Bank of Baroda
Duty Station: Kampala
Bank of Baroda Uganda Limited Profile:
The Bank of Baroda Uganda Limited, also known as the Bank of Baroda Uganda (BBU), is a commercial bank in Uganda. BBU is involved in all aspects of commercial banking, focusing on large corporations, small and medium enterprises, and individuals. BBU is a subsidiary of the Bank of Baroda (BBI), an international bank with headquarters in Mumbai, India.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Providing LT. Support to branches/offices of bank.
• Troubleshooting and ensuring proper upkeep of hardware/software, AMCs etc.
• End of day activities. . First level support on ATMs/Swift/Internet/ RTGS/ EFT/Clearing system/intercom system etc.
• ATM Swift database maintenance/back up, ATM Card/PIN mailer printing and handling issues related to ATM and ATM Cards etc.
• Creation, Printing of Baroda Connect User IDs/ Passwords.
• Providing Support to Customers for Baroda Connect, ATM & other IT Issues.
• Providing support on reconciliation module for Nostro reconciliation.
• Providing support to branches/offices on Core Banking System & all other software.
• Ensuring safety & security of database & assets of the bank in I.T. Department.
• Ensuring and supervising smooth functioning of I.T. Department.
• Managing Products onsite.
• Preparation of documents for project planning & implementation. . Coordination with Data Centre/IT BCC for the smooth functioning of Branches.
• Coordination/liaison with Vendors.
• Taking Data Backup & CCTV/DVR Backup and ensure their safe custody. Checking of Customised Cheque Books
Subscribe to Blog via Email
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology or Computer Science with good Overall GPA (Minimum 2nd Class upper). Certificates like MCSE, CCNA, Oracle Certified professional etc. will be an added advantage.
- Applicant should have a team building, computer and excellent interpersonal communication skills, besides a high degree of integrity & confidentiality.
- Candidate should have a satisfactory experience, preferably -3- years, of which about -12- months or more of experience in organizations dealing with Banking / Finance / Supporting banking applications and should possess the following:
- Proficient knowledge of UNIX/LINUX / Windows & Oracle Database administration.
- Proficient knowledge in SQL & Transact SQL
- Knowledge of programming (Shell Scripting).
- Basic knowledge of Networking (WAN) & Security. Knowledge of Banking Software like Finacle/ Equinox/Bankmaster etc. will be an added advantage.
- Maximum 30 years. However, Management reserves the right for determining the age criteria even beyond -30- years keeping in view the market conditions vis-à-vis requirement of the Bank based on experience/qualifications.
How To Apply For Bank of Baroda Jobs 2020:
Typed applications with full C.V., names of two referees with photocopies of academic/professional/experience certificates, proof of age etc. should be sent to the:
Executive Director, Bank of Baroda (Uganda) Limited, 18, Kampala Road, P.O. Box 7197, Kampala.
Deadline: On or before 29.09.2020 by 3.00 p.m
1. Envelope containing application must be clearly marked for the position applied for.
2. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for the selection process as decided by the Bank.
3. No communication will be sent to the applicants whose applications are not found suitable during the short-listing process.
4. Bank reserves the right to reject/accept any application and to relax/alter any condition without assigning any reason.
5. Bank reserves the right not to make an appointment as a result of the selection process.
6. The short-listed candidates will be subjected to the written test and/or personal interview
. 7. Final selection will be subject to finding the candidate medically fit by Bank’s Panel Doctor.
8. If any information with regard to Qualification, Age, Experience, background checks etc. provided by any applicant to the Bank is found to be false at any stage, the Bank reserves the right to cancel his/her selection/appointment at any stage.