Job Title: Social Worker – MSF Uganda Jobs 2020
Organization: Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) Uganda
Duty Station: Imvepi
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) Uganda Profile:
Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) is an international independent humanitarian medical organization that delivers aid to people affected by armed conflict, epidemics, natural disasters and exclusion from health care.
MSF offers assistance to people based on need irrespective of race, religion, gender or political affiliation.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Carry out all psychosocial-related activities, in order to ease the patient’s situation, to maximize his/her adherence to treatment and to improve his/her psychosocial condition.
- Identify the social needs of patients through a social assessment. Respond to the patient’s social needs, according to the scope of the project, by giving direct social support (as transport, food, legal advice etc.) and/or refer to other social actors, in order to actively contribute to the improvement of their quality of living.
- Contact patients to follow up the evolution of their condition when needed (home visits, defaulter tracing)
- Participate in the creation of any material needed for the activities of social workers. Take care of social services facilities, materials and equipment in order to ensure continuity.
- Map and regular update of social partners, local authorities, other NGOs, and governmental social services in order to improve social services scope and responsiveness.
- Promote and maintain confidentiality regarding all patient cases and records.
- Collect statistical and monitoring data about mental health activities.
- Inform the supervisor and the medical team about any issues or problems that may arise related to patients’ treatment in order to provide the best possible solution from a medical perspective.
In consideration of a refugee setting:
- In addition to general mental health conditions and medical conditions falling under mental health in Uganda (e.g. epilepsy), provide consultation, diagnosis, treatment (both medical and psychological) and prevention for the following specific conditions: reactions to violence and trauma, bereavement and loss, survivors of sexual and gender-based violence.
- Adapt consultations and treatments to children to provide child-friendly services.
- Identify and assess referral destinations for higher-level care and propose ways MSF could support these destinations if necessary.
- Liaise with other actors providing mental health and psychosocial care for good coordination of activities and appropriate referral networks.
- Identify children and adults with special needs and refer accordingly.
Subscribe to Blog via Email
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- Experience Essential 2 years’ experience minimum as a Social worker
- Desirable previous experience with MSF or other NGOs
- Languages English essential. Desirable local languages: Kakwa (Pojulu Bari), Arabic and Lugbara (Aringa)
- Knowledge Desirable computer literacy (word, excel and internet).
- Competences Results and quality-oriented, teamwork and cooperation, flexible, commitment to MSF principles, stress management.
How To Apply For MSF Uganda Jobs 2020:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are invited to hand-deliver their application package (CV, application letter and copies of academic/ work certificates) to:
Médecins Sans Frontières –Arua
Plot 2 Osu Cresent next to Anyafio Primary School West village.
Or by e-mail: email@example.com
Deadline: 23rd October 2020 at 17h00.