Evidence Action Uganda Jobs 2022 – Field Officer (Driver)
Job Title: Field Officer (Driver) – Evidence Action Uganda Jobs 2022
Organization: Evidence Action
Duty Station: Bugiri, Kamuli, Iganga, Uganda
Evidence Action Profile:
Our organization was founded in 2013 to address a big gap in the fight against global poverty–many of the most promising interventions are either implemented at a very small scale, or not at all. We set out to address this gap by building programs that would scale evidence-based and cost-effective interventions, leading to significant improvements in quality of life for hundreds of millions of people.
Our model worked. In less than a decade, our two flagship programs, the Deworm the World Initiative and Dispensers for Safe Water, have grown to measurably impact over 280 million people each year. This success is achieved through the dedication and talent of our staff, the hard work of our partners, and the commitment of our supporters.
By 2024, we seek to double our impact. We are strengthening and expanding our existing programs, and working to identify a new generation of evidence-based and cost-effective interventions that we can scale to reach millions more.
Under the supervision of the Associate Office Administration, the field driver will be responsible for driving authorized personnel and delivery and collection services. The role holder will be responsible for safely transporting either cargo or passenger from one location to another.
Roles and responsibilities:
- Drive Evidence Action vehicle(s) for the transport of authorized passengers, luggage and other items.
- Ensure attendance at the place of pickup in a time-efficient manner.
- Deliver important documents to required destinations.
- Ensure security and safety of passengers, the vehicle on and off the road and / or goods therein;
- Fueling the vehicle and keeping it clean.
- Keep up-to-date records of trips schedules, daily mileage, vehicle condition reports, fuel records, and other reports present to management.
- Ensures valid documentation for passengers, items or cargo in vehicle and assist the passengers in disembarking as well as loading and unloading of staff luggage
- Carry out routine checks on the assigned vehicle(s); cooling, oil, water, basic electrical, tires pressure and quality etc., to ensure that the assigned vehicle(s) is compliant, road worthy and maintained up-to the established safety and security standards.
- Adhere to the scheduled maintenance of the assigned vehicle and ensure proper functioning of the vehicle is maintained at all time
- Ensure that instructions and security guidance provided by the supervisor and security focal point are strictly followed.
- In case of any incident or accident, ensure that the steps required by rules and regulations, or other internal procedures, are taken.
Office Administration work support
- Support the Associate, Office Administration, in maintaining proper record of inventory of office equipment.
- Support the Associate, Office Administration in keeping the office tidy, by physical file and equipment organization
- Under instructions of the Associate Office Administration, support other departments on some select office activities e.g. printing, scanning, filing, archiving and storage
- Any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
Key performance Indicators
- Run official errands and ensure organization vehicle is used only for official purposes at all times
- Timely logistical support in terms of passenger/parcels pick-up and drop-off
- Maintain up-to date and correct vehicle records at all times; trips schedules, daily mileage, vehicle condition reports, fuel records and make monthly report to the supervisor
- Vehicle incidents are reported and action on time
- Evidence Action vehicles are fully compliant with all accessories in place; licenses and permits are renewed on time, and servicing is done on time
- Evidence Action vehicle is always clean, organized and in a usable condition at all times
- Develop monthly vehicle report(s) on fuel utilization, mileage, travel time and vehicle condition.
- Ensure office is well organized; storage shelves and common access lockable are always tidy
- A minimum of High school education/ Certificate of Secondary Education
- Valid Driving license.
- A valid public service vehicle license
- Proficient in written and spoken English and basic numeracy
- Good communication, writing & interpersonal skills
- A person who can effectively use Microsoft office packages.
- Have 5 years of relevant work experience in a similar role & driving a manual car.
- You have good working knowledge of all major local road networks and city streets
- Detailed knowledge of road rules and regulations
- Team spirit and problem-solving abilities.
- Able to work independently.
How To Apply for Evidence Action Uganda Jobs 2022
All interested and suitably qualified candidates should submit their applications through the link below.
Closing Date: Open until filled
For similar Jobs in Uganda today and great Uganda jobs, please remember to subscribe using the form below:
No employer should ask you for money in return for advancement in the recruitment process or for being offered a position. Please contact Fresher Jobs Uganda if it ever happens with any of the jobs that we advertise.